Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another one I feel will go on to be decent, like so many others who have been thoughtlessly slated on here, went somewhere else and all of a sudden weren't "shite" anymore.

It would be quite funny if he went on to be in the Championship team of the season or something like that but this is Newcastle who are famously bad at defending. 

I wouldn't sell him FWIW - not with clowns like Richards and Lescott still at the club.

Edited by lexicon

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Release clause apparently.

Might be worth our management layers considering what the value is in announcing that players 'aren't leaving' when said players have release clauses and can do whatever the **** they want. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How have we ended up selling him hours after the manager said he was staying? Or is that not what has happened?

"Gabby is a Villa man through and through. He won't be going anywhere."

Go on Roberto, you know you want to.

• Like 4

Dont mind if Clark goes.. hes very average. Plus gives more opportunities for Toner or Suliman to make their mark.. or even sign a new CB. As long as it doesnt mean Lescott features.. but between Clark Lescott and Richards... their all pretty awful. 

I usually find Clark's form to be a reflection of the rest of the team and this obviously goes both ways. What I take from that he is rarely influential and isn't a leader, along with the mental side of his game being a bit weak. He's put in good performances in the past, he's put in bad ones but overall he's been OK and not as bad as some make him out to be. That said, him leaving is not going to make or break anything and I won't lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

27 next month.

:blink:, he definitely won't be improving so. How on earth has he not been shipped out before??? He's nearly due a testimonial...

Edited by villa89

I rate Baker, Elphick, and Okore over him...plus you have Toner breaking through too. Just hope we use the cash towards a playmaker or striker. His performances at the Euros confirmed how error prone he can be

Meh.  He wouldn't be the first player on my list to ship out but we can't control when bids come in.  Not that we have a say over the fee if there is a release clause but £5m is a fair price. 

He has clearly stagnated here, a change of scenery might be what he needs to kick on but he will never be first name on the team sheet here.

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Gil, Gana and now Clark. 

That's 3 of 6 players I considered our best and players we couldn't afford to lose gone. 

Will end up an excellent quality premier league CB whether it's at Newcastle or somewhere else.

Not sure what to say so......:crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â