Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Gil, Gana and now Clark. 

That's 3 of 6 players I considered our best and players we couldn't afford to lose gone.

Who are the other three out of interest 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark one of our top six players?

Jeeze.

He's a terrible player who makes silly mistakes game after game - and managed to do so for his country too in the Euros.

Goodbye Chuckle Brother #1. Best thing that has happened this summer so far. £5m? Brilliant.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 3

It's not that much of an outrageous comment, Clark despite not being very good still might be considered one of, our if not best defenders, Gueye was our best midfielder last season, and Gil was one of the only creative players with technical ability that we have, although he didn't show it enough. Can't say I'm sad to see Gil and Clark go, but they will both need replacing.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not that much of an outrageous comment, Clark despite not being very good still might be considered one of, our if not best defenders, Gueye was our best midfielder last season, and Gil was one of the only creative players with technical ability that we have, although he didn't show it enough. Can't say I'm sad to see Gil and Clark go, but they will both need replacing.

Gueye, despite the adulation on here did nothing positive for Villa and was part of a midfield consistently over ran and whilst the managers and partners need to take share of blame, so should Gueye. Gil scored two good goals early on but spent most games hidden like Sinclair and getting pushed off the ball and Clark, well, he was the main part of our worst defence we've ever had. 

It's great all three have gone/going. I hope they continue to get rid of the rest of them now.

Edited by Pilchard

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We can only afford to lose any player as long as we replace them with better.

We have a big squad full of below average players on massive wages for this division.

We very much need to lose them. And as this squad is on the whole a bunch of losers, losing is something they'll be used to.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

Who are the other three out of interest 

Traore, Amavi and Okore.

I also think Bacuna, Westwood, Kozak, Agbonlahor and Cissokho are better than they are given credit for and would show that if they moved clubs.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I rate Baker, Elphick, and Okore over him...plus you have Toner breaking through too. Just hope we use the cash towards a playmaker or striker. His performances at the Euros confirmed how error prone he can be

I thought it was the mentality of the squad last season that had affected his game but turns out he's just a bit shit after all.

Shan't lose any sleep if he goes.

And how can anyone be sure that Elphick is better than Clark. Elphick seems to be highly rated despite the fact that most will not have seen him play and he's just come back from a long-term. From the write-ups, he does sound good and seems to be a bon caractère, but I don't think we can take it for granted that he's going to be better than what we already have. I still think we could do with signing another defender.

• Like 1

I like Clark's attitude, hate his individual mistakes. Won't be a huge loss, depending on who we replace him with. 

Will be annoying if he goes to Newcastle and cuts out the stupid errors. Will be a good defender if he can manage that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How have we ended up selling him hours after the manager said he was staying? Or is that not what has happened?

I think it is and this is the reason why Xia reacts as he does. Apparently Clark has done a Delph. 

Having his medical with Newcastle today. One less defender we have to worry about making mistakes. But still have RIchards, Lescott and Baker.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Having his medical with Newcastle today. One less defender we have to worry about making mistakes.

We just need to sell a few more, and play 0-5-5, think how many mistakes we'll cut out if we just don't use any defenders.

Allardyce has got nothing on me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Glad he is going. Worried that we won't replace him with anyone.

yep me too.  we all know how difficult it is to get players,  even though other clubs are not finding it that tough

Pat Murphy on Twitter saying he been offered massive wages to go there , Newcastle massive favs to go up but if they don't expect them to be in a bit of trouble.I'd imagine Ritchie was offered big wages to get him to drop down a league too 

Â