Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Just now, Michael118 said:

I can't remember many own goals, penalties, red cards or slips ups during the period he was playing with confidence.

Well I can't really be responsible your what you remember now can I?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I don't see this as positive news. Only a couple of days ago the manager said he was staying and now when given the first opportunity to go, Clark is jumping ship.  This to me is a sign that not much has changed within the club and he doesn't want to hang around for more of the same as the past few years.  All the signs are that we are under prepared and I'm losing hope with this new regime. 

I personally think that was RDM using the media in a bit of gamesmanship.  RDM obv knew what was coming has put that in the press as a way of forcing Clark's hand.   Firstly, it might make him think about staying and make it harder to leave, Secondly, if he decided to take up the Newcastle offer it looks like hes turned his back on Villa after claiming to want to stay............

39 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why is fox to blame? For safeguarding our financial future by putting relegation wage clauses in all new contracts ? The guy was awful for us in so many respects without making shit up to fit your own narrative. 

No for putting in stupid release clause of 5 mill

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

No for putting in stupid release clause of 5 mill

To be fair, this would be normal practice.  The players probably wouldn't have joined us or accepted the 50% reduction in wages upon relegation without an easier route out should they have the option.

1 minute ago, Adbo9 said:

To be fair, this would be normal practice.  The players probably wouldn't have joined us or accepted the 50% reduction in wages upon relegation without an easier route out should they have the option.

Dont sign them then or in Clark's case dont give him a new deal.  Dr T is right in that respect, right attitude in a player is as important as anything else.

27 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Dont sign them then or in Clark's case dont give him a new deal.  Dr T is right in that respect, right attitude in a player is as important as anything else.

Aggreed, but id hazard a guess this is the case in most top flight players contracts, but Id hazard a guess its the case in most players contracts, so Its either join in the rat race, or never sign a player.  At the end of the day, no club starts the season thinking theyre going to be relegated either.  At least these clauses cover eyeryone.  Player gets easier route out.  If they stay, club doesn't get impacted on massive wages.  If he leaves, Club get fee which probably gets their money back.

Win Win I say  

Tbh Clark epitomises Villa over the last 5 seasons.Great potential, failed to develop, went backwards, never going to be good enough.Add Westwood, Gabby, Sinclair, Hutton, Richards, Bunn, Steer, Bacuna etc, to the same list.

As long as these players are in the squad, we are going nowhere.IF we are serious about promotion, then we need to be buying players who will be good enough, if they are not, then get rid.Clark is not, and £5m is good business.

Sky saying he is having a medical. Villa man my arse...not that I care :mrgreen:

RDM better have some deals lined up before window shuts, after Wednesday we have a few winnable games coming up. Need to get off to a good start.

• Like 1

I like Clark. Has always showed commitment and some fight, and a villa lad too.

But i also dont rate him as a defender. Too many errors and needs a constant voice to guide him.

Best for both if he moves on and i wish him all the best (individually, not for his new team and teammates)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Aggreed, but id hazard a guess this is the case in most top flight players contracts, but Id hazard a guess its the case in most players contracts, so Its either join in the rat race, or never sign a player.  At the end of the day, no club starts the season thinking theyre going to be relegated either.  At least these clauses cover eyeryone.  Player gets easier route out.  If they stay, club doesn't get impacted on massive wages.  If he leaves, Club get fee which probably gets their money back.

Win Win I say  

I suspect there are standard contracts, the same as in business, and it is a matter of putting numbers in boxes. Possibly even for clubs at the top of the food chain.

Â