Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

yep me too.  we all know how difficult it is to get players,  even though other clubs are not finding it that tough

Seems for some reason we have to wait in line while other clubs have first pick.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

'Villa owner said he wished Villa had as many fans as Newcastle'

So sick of reading this line. What an absolute rediculous spin of a story. Obsessed and deluded.

6 minutes ago, Hughes said:

‘Newcastle today one day ***SPECIAL DEAL****

Buy a clark and get a lescott free and 50% off a richards

Come on Newcastle you know you want too…’

I made it on their site im famous!!! Hi Mag, :wave: 

• Like 3

So basically the "author" googled "Ciaran Clark" and found this thread and then just copied all the comments out of it LOL.

As for this transfer I must admit I am surprised by this, I would not have expected him to leave, and am concerned that RDM said only Gana has a release clause (though perhaps he did not want to advertise that others do) and then this happens. I cannot see that we would willingly sell him to one of our main rivals in this league, so it must be a release clause. Hmmmmmmm....  can't wait to see the next Xia tweet......

Reaction wise - not overly bothered with him going. he is 27 (shocking) so it is not potential any more. He may improve, but not massively. We need to strengthen our defence granted, so hopefully we will get a replacement in.

Overall I wish him well, he has had a decent attitude, have not heard any negative things about him in the press and hopefully (for him) he goes on to have a good career elsewhere and finds his level.

Needs baby sitting, he needs someone like Laursen, vlaar next to him, watching him and baker a few years would've been comedy gold had it not been us suffering.

Won't be missed by me.

What a sorry event. I'm not that sad that he's leaving, but the timing is poor for us.

I think many of us are still thinking of ourselves as a Premier league team. We're not. In the Championship, Clark SHOULD be able to manage himself and let his footballing qualities shine. In the Premier League, he's a liability. He's weak and nervous against good attackers.

However, we've got a list of so-called defenders that we would prefer to be rid of, and he's nowhere near the top of the list.

£5 million might seem like good business in a vacuum, but now the onus is on us to replace him with better. Over to Xia.

It will look from the outside as if Newcastle have done us like a kipper.  The timing of it.  The 'triggering of a clause'.  Taking a regular from a direct rival.  All suggests we've come off worse and that it's an unwelcome or hostile bid.  And yet, here the fans are generally happy he's leaving, in so far as they don't believe he's up to it and that we'd be better off with the money.

I think Villa come off better here.  I don't think it'll be painted that way in the media, or by the 'best fans in the world' in barcodeland, but the fact is they've bought a centreback who is 1 month from turning 27 and who has consistently made big mistakes throughout his career at club and international level.  He isn't magically going to get any better, and he's one of of the bigger reasons we went down last season.   Assuming this goes through, we will now have gotten rid of 2 of the bigger defensive culprits from last season.

If he was going anywhere else I'd wish him the best of luck.  In fact I wish him luck with injuries next season because the more he can play for Newcastle the better for everyone else.

• Like 2

I am not worried about him leaving, my only concern is that he would rather go to the barcodes.

what does that they say about our ambition as a club? that he would see another team in the championship than a better option that us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hants-villa72 said:

I am not worried about him leaving, my only concern is that he would rather go to the barcodes.

what does that they say about our ambition as a club? that he would see another team in the championship than a better option that us.

Without knowing the details, it doesn't say much really. Could just as easily be the case that RDM has told him not to expect much first team football this season.

I can only see this as a positive for both the club and player. He has been shit for us for years so now has a chance of moving on with his club career. Would rather have £5m and see Clark doing well for Newcastle than have £0 and see Clark being as **** useless for us as he has been over the last few years.

1 minute ago, hants-villa72 said:

Players move for contracts.  He doesn't have to see them as a better option necessarily.  He'll move because you tend not to move sideways in financial terms, even if it's sideways in a footballing sense (whether that's the case here or not is immaterial).  It says nothing about our ambition.  He's been here forever.  Perhaps just wants a change and some more dosh.  If they're the only one to bid then they're the only alternative that he has.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

It will look from the outside as if Newcastle have done us like a kipper.  The timing of it.  The 'triggering of a clause'.  Taking a regular from a direct rival.  All suggests we've come off worse and that it's an unwelcome or hostile bid.  And yet, here the fans are generally happy he's leaving, in so far as they don't believe he's up to it and that we'd be better off with the money.

I think Villa come off better here.  I don't think it'll be painted that way in the media, or by the 'best fans in the world' in barcodeland, but the fact is they've bought a centreback who is 1 month from turning 27 and who has consistently made big mistakes throughout his career at club and international level.  He isn't magically going to get any better, and he's one of of the bigger reasons we went down last season.   Assuming this goes through, we will now have gotten rid of 2 of the bigger defensive culprits from last season.

If he was going anywhere else I'd wish him the best of luck.  In fact I wish him luck with injuries next season because the more he can play for Newcastle the better for everyone else.

Way I see it Newcastle after being relegated are going to buy a CB from a team that finished lower than them last season AND give him a payrise ..ok lads crack on 

• Like 2

Â