Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good servant for the Villa during a dismal period. Thought him and Okore at the back two seasons did well enough.

Nevertheless probably a good move for Villa and Clark, fresh starts. We have 6/7 centre backs at the club so needed to move someone on. £5 million is a steal to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Oh right. Who has accused him of lying?

I was joking dude. Hence the troll face. 

There was a big furore regarding Tony's comment of 3/4 out last week and it was a bit of light hearted banter regarding that. 

This is whole deal is quite strange really. I'm not sure why Newcastle are signing him, or paying him a decent wage to move? 

It's not really weakening us, I'd be amazed if he was improving them? It's just all a bit bizarre. 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This is whole deal is quite strange really. I'm not sure why Newcastle are signing him, or paying him a decent wage to move? 

It's not really weakening them, I'd be amazed if he was improving them? It's just all a bit bizarre. 

It is bizarre, isn't it?

It's almost as bizarre as the triumphalism of the Newcastle fans, who seem to be rejoicing more at the fact that they've hit his release fee and are taking him away from us than actually signing the player. They are going to get a shock when they actually see him play :D £5million can't buy you  lot - but it can buy you better than Clark.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

Good servant for the Villa during a dismal period. Thought him and Okore at the back two seasons did well enough.

Nevertheless probably a good move for Villa and Clark, fresh starts. We have 6/7 centre backs at the club so needed to move someone on. £5 million is a steal to be fair. 

A steal for who?

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So there's the 3 out. 2 days later than Tony predicted. Another lie.

:trollface:

Seriously?

He said 3 or 4 would be told their futures would lie elsewhere.  I think given his tweets about these two breaking promises and that RDM wanted both to stay,  these two are not part of that 3 or 4 . Come on Dave be serious

Good luck to him. Strange move, but I think we can all be happy about this. £5mil for an average defender to our rivals who think they're strengthening while weakening us. We'll see how that pans out...

Am I remembering right that Alex Ferguson came sniffing around for him a few years back? Help an old fart out but wasn't £20m the price that was banded about?

I won't lose sleep over it, he seems a top pro but these decisions are made all the time in football, he was the last player I thought would be moved on though. Good luck to him.

Â