Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clark was clearly at fault for the 3rd goal, Deeney jumped over him and Clark was ball watching and hadnt a clue where ball or man was

The ball would have landed two yards in front of Richardson, yet he never moved. Clark tries to track back and get under a spinning ball. Deeney, runs past Richardson who doesn't move, yet it's Clark's fault. I'm not saying Clark couldn't of done better, but Richardson did bugger all, when it came to a ball that directly in front of him, which he could have ran and jumped at.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He lost concentration yesterday for the third goal and that was a killer blow. I don't know if it was tiredness. Maybe he's still necking pints in celebration of Ireland's qualification. He was back on his heels and looked about as capable of jumping to clear the ball as someone who has had both their achilles tendons cut. And it's not the first time I've seen Clark watch the ball wait to drop onto his head, while a striker gets above him to easily head the ball into the net. It's almost his signature move at this stage. Maybe try some plyometrics Ciaran.

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Problem is do we replace the left side of defense (i.e. bring in Okore and Llori/Crespo ) and then wait for that to gel? How long do we wait before changing again? 

Defense's thrive on consistency - should Remi stick or twist.

He sure as hell is not going to stick

Clark is awful

On many occasions he has cost us points this season he's too lightweight to be a CB limited and is going to get no better

If we get relegated i can see us dropping another division if the club think this joker is good enough to be our first choice CB he will get destroyed in that division

I'm not for 1 minute going to argue Clark is a good defender, he's been woeful this season but I don't think the 3rd goal is his fault.

I'd have to watch it again to be sure and I have no real interest in doing so, but the ball was spinning away from him and he had to back towards it leaving him off balance and unable to really jump at it combined with it being in the perfect position for Deeney to attack, I personally don't think any defender would have won that header or stopped Deeney from scoring that goal.

Anyone who's played football must have dealt with the ball spinning away from you in the air and know how difficult it is to actually get off the ground and head it away in those circumstances

It always looks like it's a mistake, the same way that the ball bobbling a yard in front of you causes you to shin it miles off target looks a mistake, doesn't mean anyone would have been able to handle it differently

I'm starting to feel that Lescott might be a better alternative to Clark after all, although Lescott looks a bit clumsy and laboured he's a big enough unit and he's got bags of experience. Plus we haven't been comprehensively turned over with him in defence, only example I can think are Chelsea and Spurs, who let's face it, against them we would probably never beat anyway in our current malaise... What do other people think?

Â