Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, weedman said:

I'm not for 1 minute going to argue Clark is a good defender, he's been woeful this season but I don't think the 3rd goal is his fault.

I'd have to watch it again to be sure and I have no real interest in doing so, but the ball was spinning away from him and he had to back towards it leaving him off balance and unable to really jump at it combined with it being in the perfect position for Deeney to attack, I personally don't think any defender would have won that header or stopped Deeney from scoring that goal.

Anyone who's played football must have dealt with the ball spinning away from you in the air and know how difficult it is to actually get off the ground and head it away in those circumstances

It always looks like it's a mistake, the same way that the ball bobbling a yard in front of you causes you to shin it miles off target looks a mistake, doesn't mean anyone would have been able to handle it differently

thats the problem he didnt have to make a jump he just had to make it difficult for Deeney to get a free jump. Look at players like Vidic, Terry or Laursen. If they couldnt win it in the air they put their body in way that the striker couldnt cleanly connect either

its basic defending

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

thats the problem he didnt have to make a jump he just had to make it difficult for Deeney to get a free jump. Look at players like Vidic, Terry or Laursen. If they couldnt win it in the air they put their body in way that the striker couldnt cleanly connect either

its basic defending

Yes, and look at Richardson watch his teammate struggle to watch a spinning ball go over his shoulder. Richardson could have watched it all the way, if he had run forward and attacked it.

• 4 weeks later...

Needs to be sold in the transfer window.

I don't want him starting again for this club no matter what division we are in.

Awful awful excuse of a player. Has cost us so many points over the seasons since his debut and hasn't improved at all.

Teams sense he has a mistake in him.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's 26 and it's been clear for years he's not good enough to play in the premier league. The reason we are going down is because we keep players like him instead of selling them and getting better players in.

Absolutely.

We even gave him a new five year contract 4 months ago. Awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Should be arrested for impersonating a footballer, disgusting player, absolutely dog shit. Why isn't Garde giving Senderos a look in?

Senderos isn't part of the 25-man squad. 

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We got Baker on a new 4 year deal as well remember

Look forward to seeing the chucklebrother partnership again next season in the fizzy pop league

Aware nobody's in the mood to hear this, but Baker is playing quite well in the Championship. He even scored at the weekend. 

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Senderos isn't part of the 25-man squad. 

Aware nobody's in the mood to hear this, but Baker is playing quite well in the Championship. He even scored at the weekend. 

I always preferred Baker to Clark.

Â