Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Richards and Clark might be a decent combo at start of season but looks more like a comedy act with each passing week.

Really when you deeply look at it the other centre half Clark has consistantly shown good form alongside is Okore in all his time here.

Just shows me we really need to keep Okore for next season.

The only time he has looked really good at the back for us is when he is the leader, he has been crap this season but I don't think playing alongside and taking orders from Richards is ever going to be a good thing for any defender.

15 hours ago, Bunnski said:

The only time he has looked really good at the back for us is when he is the leader, he has been crap this season but I don't think playing alongside and taking orders from Richards is ever going to be a good thing for any defender.

Not sure how taking orders from Micah results in him being nutmegged, over commiting on challenges, turning like a tug boat, being out muscled at every opportunity and generally being **** awful.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not sure how taking orders from Micah results in him being nutmegged, over commiting on challenges, turning like a tug boat, being out muscled at every opportunity and generally being **** awful.

It doesn't, but there's some truth to what Bunnski said. Ciaran was at his best when he was leading the line (playing with Okore). Paired up with Vlaar, and he was always unconfortable. But yeah, it's all in the past now and means nothing.

On 29/12/2015 at 14:49, AVTuco said:

It doesn't, but there's some truth to what Bunnski said. Ciaran was at his best when he was leading the line (playing with Okore). Paired up with Vlaar, and he was always unconfortable. But yeah, it's all in the past now and means nothing.

Maybe it has more to do with having a good understanding with Okore than actually leading the defence.

I've always like him and had high hopes for it and I thought he had actually graduated as a proper CB last season. But after this season I'm done with him, he joke of a defender, he's less reliable than Sanchez ffs.

• Like 1

I remember people saying things like this players such as Davis, Gardner, and Albrighton. They have gone on and done better things away from here. I not sure if it's a curse, but managers over the last few years have struggled to get the bets out of some players.

He has made some mistakes this year, but so as everybody else. Sadly, if you play in defense, it stands out more than most positions on the field, except goalkeeper.

We all know the team is weak, and it is putting massive pressure on the defense. Defensively as a team, we are not good enough.

I dunno, some mistakes he makes have nothing to do with his partner. I accept it can affect his overall game, but that's not really the problem with Clark. The problem is that he f's up way too often. if he gets easily beaten in the air it has nothing to do with his partner. If he can't controll a ball and loses it like he did at Norwich (he won it back, but the mistake was there nonetheless) it has nothing to do with his partner. If he gets physically bullied by Dembele it has nothing to do with his partner. If he totally forgets to mark his man it also doesn't have much to do with his partner.

And if he needs Okore to remind him to mark Mbokani then he obviously isn't a good enough player for the Premier League.

And I say this with sadness as he was probably my faviourite player to come out of our accademy in the last years, but enough is enough, he's 26 now, he should almost be in his prime and plays like a schoolboy.

• Like 2

Clark probably best tactic is his lunging/late challenges and players that usually have to resort to this are dreadful at reading the game and causes trouble for the team. though its loved in the English game as brilliant defending

Jamie Carragher stole a living from same thing

Â