Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

One occasional performance is not enough anymore.

Hopefully burnt his bridges and will do the usual WBA, BCFC and Walsall transfer tour soon.

Absolutely moronic comment. 

I was just going to post something similar myself. Player puts in a great performance and gets this.

• Like 2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to anybody, but the writing off of players is done by fans too easily (not just Villa fans). We only have to look at other threads today, and players who were written off, or worse, are getting praise for the performances. We just need to look at players who left Villa, because "they weren't good enough", and have gone to have very good careers in the Premier League.

It just takes the right manager, the right words, the right formation, right team selection, and so called poor players can flourish.

The club has been in a slump for a while, with managers who haven't performed at their best. If we have a manager who can perform at his best, I'm sure players will follow suit.

• Like 1

Richards-Clark hasn't been too bad, our back 4 looked reasonably solid in August, just stupid errors costing us goals from Clark and Amavi.

Still Lescott has been inflicted on us it's been looking a car crash there so keep Lescott out of the team please.

Played well today, he'll never be the best centre half in the league. Deserves a run ahead of Lescott on that performance. Although ironically I thought Lescott had his best game for us so far against Spuds.

The only game in which he didn't mess up, you mean? Lescotto is diabolical, when was the last time we've had a CB play this bad for us?

Why not? He did for much of last season. 

Clark is a limited footballer and slightly lightweight but he reads the game very well and he looks a better shout than Lescott. 

i know we are all entitled our own opinion, but Clark being good at reading the game?

ANyhow just glad there was no major mistake from him, he is the lightweight clone of richard numpty dunne.

As I said before, I really think it's all about who he plays next to. If you look back at all his bad performances over the past couple of years it's almost always been next to Vlaar, Baker or more recently Lescott. Put him next to Okore or Richards and he's very good most of the time.

He needs pace alongside him, someone to cover when he gets caught out.

Only problem is we defended pretty well as a unit today yet still continually left men unmarked in the middle of the six yard box and somehow got away with it. But it cost us v Swansea with Ayew's goal.

Our players aren't very good against quick 1-2s and off the ball movement, a reason why Arsenal keep on smashing us these days.

• Like 1

Clark is a highlights dream. He is either flying in to challenge's and making great last ditch tackles giving the impression that he could finally be maturing into a decent center half, or he is giving away stupid free kicks/penalties and generally giving us his Titus Bramble impression. 

Today was the former and he deserves credit, however I always feel uncomfortable with him in the team and would hope he is replaced sooner rather later.

His mistakes this season (Palace, Sunderland, Spurs) were nothing to do with who he was or wasn't playing alongside they were his own weaknesses in his game and his inability to eradicate them.

The way Kane rolled him on Monday was simply appalling, he was good today but I just don't think he is good enough to play consistently at that level.

Edited by TrentVilla
  • Like 1

Â