Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he did probably what you shouldnt do when trying to impress a new manager. He was hopeless, does not deserve to be a first team regular. Sell this lame player in January

Edited by Demitri_C

Its decisions like bringing Clarke back that has us where we are.....however he is not the only one. He is clearly not up to it and learns nothing from his errors.

It is abundantly clear he has no place with us, if we have an ounce of ambition.....How these decisions take so long to make is mind boggling.

IMO we are the architect of our own demise.

As Neville put it this is under 14's level type of defending from him and the rest of the defenders at the club.

Clown.

But why oh why oh why......Do we have to have Gary Neville to tell us.

Its so stone blind bloody obvious he is out of his depth.

There is so many PEOPLE at this football club out of their depth.....thats why there is so much procrastination and poor decision making.

It has to change and I am sincerely hoping Remi can help change it.

• Like 2

Not the thinking man's defender.

Very much gung ho, old school, reactionary, throw yourself in front of the ball.

Sadly this limited style only works when you are a bit stronger than Clark is, and not really then either.

Sherwood was like King Midas really - except for the gold part. More like shit. 

Clark has regressed massively from last season, he was playing very well then. 

He really wasn't, he was useless for the first half of last season then did that red card offence, his form picked up for a while there after but he was never even close to playing very well.

fixed

Have witnessed him make smiliar mistakes before.  Has a habit of getting to tight and getting rolled easily.  It's textbook poor defending. 

However he played really well for a number of games last season when our banks were to the wall and played infrequently before.  So I know it he has the ability. 

In a well drilled and organised defence I think he would look a different player than he did against Spurs. 

Hopefully that will be the case either way I think he's close  to his last chance here. 

I'm not saying he's blameless, but play him out of position, allow the RB to freely roam up the pitch, then when your partner doesn't cover you and DM's dont track, and you have a keeper who's legs a wider apart than Jordan, what do you expect?

note Richardson gained at least 5 yards in 10seconds on Lescott to move from LB inwards beyond him in an attempt to cover Clark

We have various levels of limited players, so if you play them in their "home" position and jigsaw square pegs in square holes, there is no reason why we can't have a compact team with a work ethic that can get 10 wins and 10 draws from 38 games 19 of them at home

Edited by Grasshopper

If you play a player as one footed as Clark on the opposite side you're asking for trouble. K Mac had right footed options in Okore & Crespo but clearly decided to **** us up by pairing Clark with Lescott. Utterly stupid decision

For me, Clark would start every week alongside Okore in the middle with Richards and Amavi as full backs. Pairing Okore and Richards together wont work either, you need a balance

As for the first goal yesterday, you'd have to ask why after 2 minutes Clark had to come out to left back spot as Hutton had **** vanished into thin air. Awful positioning from the off

If you play a player as one footed as Clark on the opposite side you're asking for trouble. K Mac had right footed options in Okore & Crespo but clearly decided to **** us up by pairing Clark with Lescott. Utterly stupid decision

For me, Clark would start every week alongside Okore in the middle with Richards and Amavi as full backs. Pairing Okore and Richards together wont work either, you need a balance

As for the first goal yesterday, you'd have to ask why after 2 minutes Clark had to come out to left back spot as Hutton had **** vanished into thin air. Awful positioning from the off

To be honest if Clark had gone down whilst Dembele was trying to get past him he would've got a free kick out of it. Plenty do it who aren't physically stronger than the opponent and the referee blows his whistle. If he had held on to the ball whilst going down he certainly would've got a free kick out of it.

Again it's pretty naive and this is something that has been happening for years in football and not just the Premier League. It's something you can understand if he was starting out in the premier league but he should have this knowledge and experience by now..

Its decisions like bringing Clarke back that has us where we are.....however he is not the only one. He is clearly not up to it and learns nothing from his errors.

It is abundantly clear he has no place with us, if we have an ounce of ambition.....How these decisions take so long to make is mind boggling.

IMO we are the architect of our own demise.

Who? ;)

Â