Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

-0mk']]]]]iyep, I thought Richardson would be the issue (and he still is to some extent) but Clark was absolutely horrendous today. Not only is he not good enough but he's a liability.

For the third goal, Richardson was the weakest link. Clark had no idea what was going on behind him, yet Richardson stood and watched as the SHA scum ran past him.

Richardson should have taken that ball, and Clark out with it, if needed. It's basic, attack the ball in front of you. It was Richardson ball all day long, but he let Deeney waltz pasted him.

1 hour ago, a m ole said: -0mk']]]]]iyep, I thought Richardson would be the issue (and he still is to some extent) but Clark was absolutely horrendous today. Not only is he not good enough but he's a liability.

For the third goal, Richardson was the weakest link. Clark had no idea what was going on behind him, yet Richardson stood and watched as the SHA scum ran past him.

Richardson should have taken that ball, and Clark out with it, if needed. It's basic, attack the ball in front of you. It was Richardson ball all day long, but he let Deeney waltz pasted him.

Talk about scapegoating...

• Like 1

He's certainly a worry, but worst than Richardson??? His lack of awareness that deaney was behind was inexcusable, and a general indication of his footballing intelligence, or lack of. I would suggest that from his accusing glance towsrds Richardson he never got a shout, but he's got to anticipate the stickers presence!!

The strange one for me is that he shows rare glimpses of promise, despite clearly being shite! I wish he'd just be shite so we ship him out sooner!

Edited by JP1982

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said: Talk about scapegoating...

Talk about defending 101.

It's not though is it, Clark can't see the run, Clark can't see that Richardson has let Deeney go, so defending 101 says Clark not knowing what's behind him has to make an attempt to play the ball

Clark is the one who should be cleaning up shop not the man behind him

The 3rd goal WAS all about desire. Look at how much Deeney wanted to score that, blimey it's no hidden secret as it was in every paper today he was declaring he would score infront of the Holte End. I reckon that's why he turned the teams around today, he wanted the glory of it in the second half and we of course obliged.

None of our defenders anticipated him breaking his neck to get on the end of that and certainly none of our strikers apart from Gestede would've been capable of scoring that sort of goal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's not though is it, Clark can't see the run, Clark can't see that Richardson has let Deeney go, so defending 101 says Clark not knowing what's behind him has to make an attempt to play the ball

Agreed.

If Richards had been under that ball he'd have headed it out of the **** ground based on today's performance.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Not much you can do when the man has a run on you unfortunately. Not that Clark is anything other than shit though.

To be fair he could've done a lot more, he just stood there waiting for it to come down, did he not expect anybody to be attacking it?

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Your trying to say he wasn't making an attempt to get to the ball? You sure you're not getting Richardson and Clark confused? Clark was the one moving backwards towards the ball, Richardson standing still, and not talking.

Just clarifying, before I move on.

I'm not saying Clark is free of blame in a poor team performance, but let's break down the goals.

1st goal: Which defender didn't keep the line, and the allowed the scorer to stay onside? If it had been any other defender dropping deep out of the line, they would get slaughtered.

2nd goal: Which defender gave up the ball with a simple pass, then kicked the ball into his own goal?

3rd goal: Which player stood still and didn't attack a ball a few yards in front of them, when a teammate was struggling to move backwards towards it?

Clark is an easy target, when others around him don't do their job. He has made mistakes this season, but today most of the blame lays elsewhere.

• Like 1

Â