Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was good but Bosnia were terrible they really offered nothing. I'm judging the performances in a Villa shirt and inconsistent is putting it nicely. He was good against City so let's see if he can build on it against Everton. I've always maintained consistency has been an issue with him.

I thought tonight he was pretty much the same as he is for villa, tries to put he head on everything, tries to put his foot through everything, problem being he lacks composure, tries to boot balls that he doesn't need to, rushes stuff and when he is given time you'll often see him try and play a 30-40 yard ball on to the strikers chest seemingly under no idea that a) he isn't good enough to play that ball accurately and B) more often than not the striker can do absolutely nothing with that pass and will inevitably lose it

Not going to lie, first thing I did when I found out Ireland qualified was check the match report to make sure he lasted the 90 minutes.

**** internationals and national teams - they're a cancer on this club.

Edited by Mantis

On 16/11/2015, 22:07:47, dudevillaisnice said:

Fair enough but I'm still not convinced he can do it consistently in the Premier League. 

Which again has been highlighted today.

Sorry but I don't think he will ever be good enough to start for a PL side week in week out. Which is why it's probably a good thing for him we are probably going down.

• Like 1

He really struggles to read the game imo, so many times today he tried to intercept or cut out the ball, couldn't do it and Everton just got in behind us and scored, happened for 1st and 2nd goals.

He does have good spells of form but he's never going to be a great centre half, not strong enough in physical battles, not amazing in the air, struggles to read the game, can be flat footed on occasions.

Just a very average player, similar to Ridgewell in a way but we're so much poorer nowadays he just looks like a normal relegation battling defender.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Don't want to see him play again for us. It might sound extreme but he goes from being decent one game and then an utter liability the next.

You're right, we should just select from one of our wide-range of other excellent centre-halves. 

What was he doing for the 1st 3 goals today? (Actually he stepped out for the 4th also and left a huge gap.) Absolutely brain-less - Looks like he was on the lash after Irelands midweek exploits.

From the rumors about Grealish maybe there is a drinking culture at the club. There is something rotten at the club.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What was he doing for the 1st 3 goals today? (Actually he stepped out for the 4th also and left a huge gap.) Absolutely brain-less - Looks like he was on the lash after Irelands midweek exploits.

From the rumors about Grealish maybe there is a drinking culture at the club. There is something rotten at the club.

Yes it the owner!!!!!!

Â