Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

It's a little known fact that 4% of VT is actually made up of baggies fans as they werent able to secure the domain rights to TescoTalk to have a site of their own.

So they all come on here and talk to each other in a secret code that nobody else can understand.

The secret code is that they call Villa Talk VT  shhh

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you play a player as one footed as Clark on the opposite side you're asking for trouble. K Mac had right footed options in Okore & Crespo but clearly decided to **** us up by pairing Clark with Lescott. Utterly stupid decision

For me, Clark would start every week alongside Okore in the middle with Richards and Amavi as full backs. Pairing Okore and Richards together wont work either, you need a balance

As for the first goal yesterday, you'd have to ask why after 2 minutes Clark had to come out to left back spot as Hutton had **** vanished into thin air. Awful positioning from the off

you are right, it was Huttons responsibility/position in the normal scheme of things, but players do get pulled around.

the point is he got rolled and it isn't the first time.....you have to win your one on one battles more than you lose, if you don't you will be deemed not good enough.....we could make excuses up for all the teams in the league, we have become that skilled at it......the sooner we wake up and say it like it is, the better for all concerned.

Edited by TRO

Is Baker gone for the full season or just till January? 

It was reported as a season long loan. Dunno if there's a recall option but he is injured at the moment and missed the 4-1 mauling by Fulham on the weekend.

Baker? Injured?

• Like 1

He seems to be quite good alongside some defenders (Okore and possibly Richards?) but awful next to others (Baker, Vlaar, Lescott etc).

Well everyone has looked poor with Lescott, and it probably didn't help that he was playing right center back when he is left footed. I still think Clark would make a good defensive mid. 

• Like 1

He seems to be quite good alongside some defenders (Okore and possibly Richards?) but awful next to others (Baker, Vlaar, Lescott etc).

Well everyone has looked poor with Lescott, and it probably didn't help that he was playing right center back when he is left footed. I still think Clark would make a good defensive mid. 

The problem of him being left on the right side played a major part in his positioning. If it had been on the other side of the field, I don't think he would have got around him. He tried to to force Dembele onto his own strongest foot (left), but this left an opening on his right hand side. A right footed player would have been positioned different, and would have should him the line, and I don't believe he would have got through.

This doesn't hide the fact he should have done better, and it was poor defending.

• Like 2

The problem of him being left on the right side played a major part in his positioning. If it had been on the other side of the field, I don't think he would have got around him. He tried to to force Dembele onto his own strongest foot (left), but this left an opening on his right hand side. A right footed player would have been positioned different, and would have should him the line, and I don't believe he would have got through.

This doesn't hide the fact he should have done better, and it was poor defending.

Yes it was poor from a good player IMO out of position. However I think it should be underlined that in no way should that mistake have led to such an easy goal. Lescott should be much more alive to the danger ad at the very least just get in the way of the straight run at Guzan once Clark was rolled. It feels like 10 times the howler because it resulted in a stupidly easy goal after 3 mins. 

Clark has been written off before and was one of our best players last season. In a settled back four, playign in his best position he is an asset and not a liabilty.

• Like 3

Â