Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the course isnt as bad as people make out, the 2 times ive done the guys doing it seem to have chosen giving that course over a career in stand up comedy

Haven’t been given the option of a course, straight up fine & points.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just left the US embassy having been denied my US tourism visa on account of visiting countries on the naughty step

I went to usa (Vegas), stopping at Minnesota along the way. U.S. customs bloke at MSP sees my Irish passport & must've input country code IR in to system. On I go, have a great 10 day holiday but when flying out of Vegas airport, the customs bloke there says I have to join an extra security check as his system tells him I'm Iranian. My name is John Patrick.....Do I look Iranian ? He shrugs so i have to join the long queue with all the others they deemed to be a risk to homeland security. In all, I had to go through four more searches, the final customs woman found it hilarious that she was going to confiscate my contraband peanut butter m&m bags from my rucksack. She said she was joking but by that time I was so bedraggled and worried I'd miss my flight that I said take them, just bloody take them ! She took the hump, shoved my bag back at me and growled have a nice day. 

All because some $10 an hour customs muppet just guessed Ireland was IR and not IE ten days previously. Whilst not a massive security cock up, it made me wonder what else slips past them or mess ups get caused with this sort of incompetence ? Voting in Trump, I suppose ?

God bless murica 🙄

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ah now I understand.  I couldn't make out how @villa4europe's response had anything to do with what he was responding to.  I thought he might be having a mild stroke.

My missus always come out with random crap and I'll think something's happened to her, but it's usually because she's had a half a conversation in her head so I only get the end.

I was driving last night and she'd been quiet for a while, then she said "Yeah, I've seen that trailer before somewhere". I started looking round at the other vehicles. "What trailer?" I asked.

"The one with the weird girl in". 

I thought I was going mad, I couldn't see what she was talking about.

We were driving back from the cinema and turns out she was talking about the film trailer for Alita: Battle Angel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had to visit here after reading some threads in OT and seeing Tammy Abraham described as 

blatantly too good for this league.

Now in my head I'm thinking that surely he is 'patently too good'. It's a mix up I always consider to be wrong although patently 'blatantly' also has meaning in this context.

A quick google seems to confirm that language has moved on and I haven't! :angry:

18 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Had to visit here after reading some threads in OT and seeing Tammy Abraham described as 

Now in my head I'm thinking that surely he is 'patently too good'. It's a mix up I always consider to be wrong although patently 'blatantly' also has meaning in this context.

A quick google seems to confirm that language has moved on and I haven't! :angry:

I take it you don't like chanje.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just left the US embassy having been denied my US tourism visa on account of visiting countries on the naughty step

it gets reviewed and should get Ok’d In 30-60 days but it pisses me off as it really should just be a straight forward yep fine here’s your visa 

I thought this was your desk

55-40308-bourne_promo-1430160170.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Its like Rooney getting all of them millions and he aint never fought in a war. Why dont we give soldiers that money instead.....

Don't be silly! We measure Rooney's wealth in the 'number of nurses you could employ' denomination!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I went to usa (Vegas), stopping at Minnesota along the way. U.S. customs bloke at MSP sees my Irish passport & must've input country code IR in to system. On I go, have a great 10 day holiday but when flying out of Vegas airport, the customs bloke there says I have to join an extra security check as his system tells him I'm Iranian. My name is John Patrick.....Do I look Iranian ? He shrugs so i have to join the long queue with all the others they deemed to be a risk to homeland security. In all, I had to go through four more searches, the final customs woman found it hilarious that she was going to confiscate my contraband peanut butter m&m bags from my rucksack. She said she was joking but by that time I was so bedraggled and worried I'd miss my flight that I said take them, just bloody take them ! She took the hump, shoved my bag back at me and growled have a nice day. 

All because some $10 an hour customs muppet just guessed Ireland was IR and not IE ten days previously. Whilst not a massive security cock up, it made me wonder what else slips past them or mess ups get caused with this sort of incompetence ? Voting in Trump, I suppose ?

God bless murica 🙄

I always had my suspicions you were a threat to national security. 

• Haha 1

The OTT wailing and screeching by some people because O2 was down for some of yesterday! 

I do feel a bit for businesses that were affected, but individuals who couldn't use data - get over it you words removed! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

The OTT wailing and screeching by some people because O2 was down for some of yesterday! 

I do feel a bit for businesses that were affected, but individuals who couldn't use data - get over it you words removed! 

In Liverpool at least it completely f***ed Uber up, I reckon most of their drivers are on Giff Gaff or Lyca :crylaugh:

We were chokka all day ✌️

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

the world as we know it will collapse one day because of society’s reliance on technology.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the world as we know it will collapse one day because of society’s reliance on technology.

There probably is some major cyber catastrophe up ahead. There are obvious serious implications for the world if the internet is screwed, but that aside, the 'social anxiety' factor will be far worse for the post millenials than, say, my generation. It would be strange, but we are familiar with a largely 'unconnected' world, having grown up without intenet, mobile phones, 24 hour TV, etc. 

• Like 1

I was walking down the street and walking towards me were four teenage lads having to shake their heads every three steps to get their silly fringes out of their eyes.  I could have put this in the cheer you up thread as I openly laughed at them, but then I'm pissed off with officially being an old fogey laughing at young people's stupid haircuts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bickster said:

In Liverpool at least it completely f***ed Uber up, I reckon most of their drivers are on Giff Gaff or Lyca :crylaugh:

We were chokka all day ✌️

What’s wrong with Giff Gaff and Lyca?

Â