The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 14/10/2018 at 00:06, LakotaDakota said:

Just waiting for the "He needs time to adjust to the new manager/system" excuses for his continued failings.

I think he just needed time to adjust to the new manager/system

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Throughout Jack’s senior career the club has, until recently, been in varying degrees of crisis. He has played under some very poor managers and there’s an argument to say that for the last two years he’s received virtually no meaningful coaching. 

Now we have new owners who have appointed a modern, progressive manager. I believe this is a huge opportunity for him to fulfill his undoubted potential and hopefully he will. He needs to for both Villa and himself. 

Star player a lifelong Villa fan, managed by a lifelong Villa fan, surely now all the stars are aligned?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack playing on the left was another lesson in, How to get sacked as a manager without it being too obvious. 

It’s not as bad as play one of your only two centre halves at right back and buy a Sunday league goalkeeper. But it helped speed up the sacking. 

How true.

I thought he was back to his best against Bolton.

When he is like this he is awesome.

His balance, his ball control, is majestic....he glides like a thoroughbred.

under the right tutlelage, this boy can be anything he wants to be.

to say he is talented is selling him short.....he is special, i hope he fulfills everything he should do, with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Throughout Jack’s senior career the club has, until recently, been in varying degrees of crisis. He has played under some very poor managers and there’s an argument to say that for the last two years he’s received virtually no meaningful coaching. 

Now we have new owners who have appointed a modern, progressive manager. I believe this is a huge opportunity for him to fulfill his undoubted potential and hopefully he will. He needs to for both Villa and himself. 

Star player a lifelong Villa fan, managed by a lifelong Villa fan, surely now all the stars are aligned?

Two? You could say for his whole career with Villa. He probably last received some meaningful coaching at Notts County. 

I thought he was a level above last night. Defenders are scared s***less when he's on the move. He looks like he's walking sometimes when he is actually gliding past players. His ball control is amazing. I was very glad to see him get on the scoresheet. Also he wasn't always coming deep to collect it so was in more dangerous areas when he received the ball. 

Hopefully, he and the rest kick on now and we see what this team is really made of. 

• Like 2

I like the fact that by the end of the first half Grealish was dropping deep to pickup the ball and get us going, it's not where you want him. Halftime Smith clearly notes this and Hourihane plays the deep role allowing Grealish to play further up the pitch. Revolutionary.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

For the amount he takes people on, it's incredible that I can think of about one moment ever where he's lost the ball.

That's his main attribute to me in this team. Most of our players don't even try to do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Defenders are scared s***less when he's on the move. He looks like he's walking sometimes when he is actually gliding past players.

I don't understand the physics of him playing football. Quick players slow down when he goes at them, good defenders seem rooted to the spot. Nothing makes sense.

The last three years I've been pretty much been watching Villa to enjoy Jack Grealish. I hope under Smith the current side can be lifted to a level we really see him flourish.

Article salivating in a similar fashion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

For the amount he takes people on, it's incredible that I can think of about one moment ever where he's lost the ball.

Its why he is regularly assaulted by the opppsition

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its why he is regularly assaulted by the opppsition

Yep how true..they just take it in turns to see who picks up the first yellow, clatter, rotate, repeat...

On 04/11/2018 at 08:15, wilko154 said:

I like the fact that by the end of the first half Grealish was dropping deep to pickup the ball and get us going, it's not where you want him. Halftime Smith clearly notes this and Hourihane plays the deep role allowing Grealish to play further up the pitch. Revolutionary.

I'm glad Smith  pushed Jack up where it hurts the opposition. If Jack can keep his discipline and not get drawn to the ball then he will really start to realise his potential. After hearing Smiths comments  I'm convinced  this is Jacks season and Smith will have a big part to play in his development.

I remember when we went up under Ron Saunders, we had a special player in Brian Little......Jack plays a different role but his special qualities are similar.

He just needs to become a winning footballer, just like Brian and with Dean Smith, i think he will.

On 02/11/2018 at 21:47, sparrow1988 said:

I was thinking about those players from last season as an exception but was too lazy to type it if I'm honest.

Oh, wait!   This is a forum.  I didn’t know honesty was an expectation.  Oh, nevermind, apparently you didn’t either.  ?

Â