The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

FWIW the spurs ITK that previously said the deal was dead is now saying that we are back in talks again, but still miles apart with the finances.  I wouldnt be moved but it seems the whole board trust his knowledge as gospel, much more so than the others.

I fear this could be a last minute panic deal from them which would wreck our season.

We have to insert penalties for a deadline day bid, surely?

I can't see any sense in selling him now if the owners really have the ambition to get promoted. When we are playing well our whole attack goes through Grealish, if we lose that then I don't see us having a chance of getting promoted.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What did he say?

Along the lines of he’s very talented , deserves to play at the top level and shouldn’t be criticised if he leaves... tbf he does go onto say I don’t know if it will happen now with the new owners 

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Does our transfer door SLAM shut at the same time as the Premier leagues SLAMMING door? 5PM tomorrow is it not? Needs to get a wriggle on ffs.

But big European clubs can still bid for him ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Along the lines of he’s very talented , deserves to play at the top level and shouldn’t be criticised if he leaves... tbf he does go onto say I don’t know if it will happen now with the new owners 

I'd be shocked if he is still here by the end of the window.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'm not sure how you can be so certain of this. It would be very surprising to me if he was still here this season. For £30m he's an absolute bargain in today's market. The top clubs in the premier league should be queuing up for him at that price plus the fact that he's English so would count as a homegrown player. Also as soon as he starts playing in the premier league he'll be in the England squad which would double his value straight away.

Really? You think he's worth £30mill? 

If not, why should we bother selling him for £30mill?

So the Chelsea thing is that some journo putting a story together seeing as we want Abraham (and maybe Kalas) on loan and creating a Grealish swap deal?

Doubt Sarri has ever seen him play, although as a proper club Chelsea actually have a scouting network and might need to top off their English quota if Drinkwater leaves

I fully expect Grealish to leave in the next few days after Chester's interview

He's almost teeing it up for it to happen

"I think Jack is the most talented player at the club and deserves to be playing at the very top of the game," Chester said.

"People forget he is still very young, but we know Villa will be a real threat to anyone in the division if he stays.

"It would be sad to see him go and I don't know if he will now that the ownership of the club has changed.

"But I don't think anyone should hold it against him if he ends up going to a top Premier League club."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11457152/jack-grealish-deserves-to-play-at-top-premier-league-club-says-james-chester

For me it depends on the final fee / loan deals we can get in. If he is to leave for 20 million, with FFP no longer a major factor then in my opinion he hasn't acted with the best interests of the club, it puts us in a bad position ahead of the season.

For 30 million and a few loan players in then suddenly we have a few new faces in the squad and some money to spend to try to replace Jack. Long term this may be the best option as if we don't go up this season he will be off next summer...

As we all said when the financial meltdown happened, we need to start building for the future whether that is with or without Jack. He's a fantastic player and it would be a huge blow for him to leave as he really is now the centre of our team and a player we can build around. That being said no player is bigger than the club.

• Like 2

It would be ridiculous for us to sell him now. We should give Spurs a deadline of this weekend and after that we won't listen to any offers.

Losing him this close to the start of the season gives us no time to prepare. 

Personally I think it's clear that Jack does want to go. I don't blame him for that. But it sucks. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

In my opinion it wouldn't be the right move for him to leave the club this summer

• He's a Villa fan and only 22 years old, he has the chance to become a hero for Aston Villa by bringing them back up to the Premier League. Does he really want his last competitive game for his boyhood club to be a playoff final loss at Wembley?
  • He's hardly set the world alight for Villa. Granted he was exceptional in the last 6 months but prior to that he was injured. The season before he was in and out of the side due to form, the season before that similar. This is his chance to give the club a whole season now he has matured into a proper player. We brought him through our academy for this, does he not owe us at least one full season?
  • Wherever he ends up, Spurs or Chelsea, he isn't going to walk straight into the team. He will be a bit part player for a large portion of the season unless he forces his way in, does he really want to sit on the bench at 22 years old whilst playing the best football of his short career?
  • If he leaves, now that FFP is not an issue, it's a slight kick in the face to the Villa faithful. Not quite on par with the Delph situation, but as a Villa fan I'm sure he is aware how much we need him at the club next season.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Life will go on. 

It will, but for many fans, including most of the youngsters, it will be a real kick in the knickers on the eve of hostilities. Grealish has become talismanic to us and anybody taking his place while O'Hare is recovering/developing will be under extreme pressure. Promotion will have become more unlikely too and thats the absolute priority.

NSWE, take heed of the great philosophers of Grange Hill.

Just say no.

• Haha 1

as much as id previously said i'd want him to do well if he left i wouldnt if he left to join chelsea!

hopefully he'll take 1 look at ross barkley and say nope

as for spurs and cook on the previous page, is cook really that much different (or better) than winks? really dont see that happening

The last concrete thing we heard was from Bruce saying no one is now for sale;  Now we have to assume he was talking about Grealish in particular!

Untill i hear from someone I trust Im going to put my head in this little pile of sand here!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

It would be a very pleasant surprise to wake up on August 10th and find that Jack is still a Villa player.

Can PL clubs loan him with an obligation to buy after this date?

Well if we sell him you can kiss goodbye to any faint glimmer of promotion prospects we might have.

Also take into account that he's easily worth 40+ million in today's market and we now supposedly have rich owners and don't need to sell? 

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â