The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I'd be shocked if he is still here by the end of the window.

Completely agree. Pretty much certain to leave. This will massively help to address our FFP obligations and get us on a sound financial footing going forward. I would be as gutted as anyone but no Championship club can turn down £30m for one player no matter who it is. As I’ve previously said, Mendes remit must surely include a JG replacement. 

Looking at FFP I imagine his replacement would be a loan with option to buy. 

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

Completely agree. Pretty much certain to leave. This will massively help to address our FFP obligations and get us on a sound financial footing going forward. I would be as gutted as anyone but no Championship club can turn down £30m for one player no matter who it is. As I’ve previously said, Mendes remit must surely include a JG replacement. 

Looking at FFP I imagine his replacement would be a loan with option to buy. 

So why announce to an already sensitive fan base that nobody is for sale? This would seem like criminal stupidity for new people looking to make a good impression.

I dont think they're stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

It would be ridiculous for us to sell him now. We should give Spurs a deadline of this weekend and after that we won't listen to any offers.

Losing him this close to the start of the season gives us no time to prepare. 

Personally I think it's clear that Jack does want to go. I don't blame him for that. But it sucks. 

I have seen nothing to suggest that. What do you base this on?

• Like 1

The maths are very simple here. No one has to be sold, despite FFP. 

If Spurs are willing to pay us £60mill+ then we can let him go. 

If Spurs aren't willing to meet our valuation, we don't have to sell him and he remains a Villa player. 

I can't see Spurs forking out for him personally. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

So why announce to an already sensitive fan base that nobody is for sale? This would seem like criminal stupidity for new people looking to make a good impression.

I dont think they're stupid.

Really  ?- all clubs sell players - at a price - I wouldn't say that makes them criminally stupid.

I wouldn't think any less of our new owners if they sell Grealish for £30m  - In fact I would give them kudo's for getting double the figure being touted around 3 weeks ago

• Thanks 1

FFP is not an issue till March , unless there is a stupid offer now I would try and keep him untill at Least Jan as the Jan market is a sellers market and with 4 months of solid performances for us his value will only increase. I also think if he goes now we won't have the time to get someone else in and up to speed quick enough ..if we are to challenge to go up the last thing we need is another slow start whilst we (well Bruce ) tries to put a solid 11 together 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Were those actual words used, because my recollection is that they said no one has to be sold.

Having to sell someone and choosing to sell someone are two different things.

Particularly in this instance as it should be the difference between selling him for £30m as opposed to £15m

Spot on.

I'd keep him over 30 million, if we can find another means to navigate through our FFP responsibilities, then without a doubt I'd keep him instead of taking the money that would be on offer.

I know people that make their way to the games to give the team a lift will get one in return if Jack holds form or improves.

Same goes for us disrupting sleep patterns to watch the team, having someone like Jack makes it so much more worthwhile.

Happy fans, skilled football on display. That's what it's primarily about, and that's what will bring the success which in turn brings the money.

• Like 1

The only way to survive as a club in the Championship is to develop/buy cheap and sell. Even with rich owners.

We might no longer have to sell so we are no longer desperate and forced to settle for peanuts, but we still need to bring in money.

Grealish would likely want to stay, but also want to play PL (and CL) football.

If we can't offer him this he will not remain here regardless. Now he might stay another season (fingers crossed) but to fulfill his potential he cant keep playing in the Championship.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have seen nothing to suggest that. What do you base this on?

I think if he wanted to stay he would have signed a new contract by now on the assumption we no longer need to sell. His silence on the situation is quite damming imo. I'm sure he would be happy to stay if Spurs don't bid for him, but I imagine deep down he's hoping they will. To be fair, I think he'd be a bit mad not wanting to go either. He's only human and money and ambition talks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Godders said:

Really? I'm pretty sure our new owners have said no one needs to be sold, or did I dream that? 

I am commenting on the maths, Godders. The maths and FFP (unfortunately) means that as it stands today the club will fall a very long way short of meeting FFP. It's numbers. Numbers don't spin, they don't send coded messages to potential buyers, they don't send messages to fans.

Reading between the lines of what the new owners said, they were saying to the circling vultures, hoping to pick up players for a bargain fee, because of our impending administration

"woah there, not so fast. We no longer need to sell to stay alive. We're going to be OK. We will take our time and address things in due course, but you can forget about bargain prices for any of pur players. We'll set the price."

FFP gets determined in March. Like I said unless something comes along to make up a 10s of millions shortfall, we have to sell by end Jan to meet FFP

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

Think he may well end up at Chelsea with Abraham on loan to us. 

Can see that if they sell Drinkwater as they need more English players to make up home grown quota ..its why they signed Drinkwater and Barkley in first place 

Â