The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Id like to think we won't be prickish to be honest.  Yes, we absolutely must look after ourselves and today's news certainly should mean levy won't bend us over the table now. However, i get the impression that Jack wants to play at a higher level and for his country and wants to do it sharpish. We make it known to spurs they won't be low balling us but if jack wants to leave he should be left do so and id wish him all the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Id like to think we won't be prickish to be honest.  Yes, we absolutely must look after ourselves and today's news certainly should mean levy won't bend us over the table now. However, i get the impression that Jack wants to play at a higher level and for his country and wants to do it sharpish. We make it known to spurs they won't be low balling us but if jack wants to leave he should be left do so and id wish him all the best.

I got the impression he didn't want to go and we should have the funds to keep him now. We should be looking to build a new team around him, not moving him on for cashflow reasons.

The only way Grealish should leave now is if he wants to go to further his career - we should not need to sell him but if he does want to go then fair enough - I can understand that . 

• Like 2

I'm guessing Jack will still need to be sold due to FFP. Somehow give this kid a new contract.

Richarlison to Everton for 50m. Jack is worth at least 60m then.

Edited by PieFacE

It's a good news bad news type of situation for us. We still need to sell Grealish for FFP, but at least now we are so desperately cash strapped so we don't have to accept low ball bids.

Everybody keeps saying new investment won't affect the FFP hole we're in, but there HAS to be a way for us to hold onto Jack with these new guys. We've got to hope they have someone advising them who can tell them what an awful business decision it would be to sell him. The lad will surely soon be worth double whatever we could get for him in this window.

• Like 1

He maybe emotionally geared up for going now.....I wouldn't want to stand in his way, if thats all it is.....we have messed him about a bit.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly think Jack would have gone regardless off our situation.  He needs to be playing in the top flight. 

If he really wants to leave (and I don't want to believe he does), he should be careful where he goes, or he could be picking splinters out of his backside for a long time.

First post, and proabbaly an unpopular one. Before the new billionaires came in I was for the sale of Jack, and even now, due to FFP constraints, if a good offer comes along I think we should accept it.

Dont get me wrong, I think Jack’s a good player but I think we over rate him. He reminds me a bit of Sterling for England. Jack’s a fantastic dribbler, he wins free kicks and opens up space - all of which is useful. But he has no real end product. He doesn’t look to have a good final ball in him, and worse is his shooting. Due to his dribbling ability he often finds himself with a bit of space on the edge of the box, the perfect position to strike, and he looks like he doesn’t even think about it as an option, usually preffering to run sideways and gift the opposition defence time to get back into position. There are other players in his position who offer much more of a goal threat and have better desicion making but who are cheaper for being less ‘flashy’.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

First post, and proabbaly an unpopular one. Before the new billionaires came in I was for the sale of Jack, and even now, due to FFP constraints, if a good offer comes along I think we should accept it.

Dont get me wrong, I think Jack’s a good player but I think we over rate him. He reminds me a bit of Sterling for England. Jack’s a fantastic dribbler, he wins free kicks and opens up space - all of which is useful. But he has no real end product. He doesn’t look to have a good final ball in him, and worse is his shooting. Due to his dribbling ability he often finds himself with a bit of space on the edge of the box, the perfect position to strike, and he looks like he doesn’t even think about it as an option, usually preffering to run sideways and gift the opposition defence time to get back into position. There are other players in his position who offer much more of a goal threat and have better desicion making but who are cheaper for being less ‘flashy’.

So you don't think he's quite as good as some other fans do. Fair enough.  But why would you choose to sell the absolute star of our current team, especially in the knowledge that we won't be able to buy any of the number of other players who are "much more of a goal threat"?

For me and so many others it has been a sheer joy to watch a local lad grow into the great Villa no. 10 he is now. I will be devastated if he goes, and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

• Like 1

Look I do think Grealish is a good player, and I like that he’s one of our own. But I think we could definitely get more money for him than he’s worth, and if that helps free of us of the lock on spending from ffp then can’t just be dismissed out of hand

Â