The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Im not sure whats the FFP situation atm, but, if there was a way to keep him this season I’d say thats the best thing fot all parties.

His value is only going to rise, we will need his creativity this season if we would like to have a go at the promotion race. He would get the game time he needs guaranteed to develope more. Which would lead us either to the Promotion and then he could kick it with us another season up there. If we failed to go up, then he could be sold by the value we would like him to go with which is more than 40m atleast. Which would help us on our rebuild with going back to the problem we had this season when we failed to go up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

First post, and proabbaly an unpopular one. Before the new billionaires came in I was for the sale of Jack, and even now, due to FFP constraints, if a good offer comes along I think we should accept it.

Dont get me wrong, I think Jack’s a good player but I think we over rate him. He reminds me a bit of Sterling for England. Jack’s a fantastic dribbler, he wins free kicks and opens up space - all of which is useful. But he has no real end product. He doesn’t look to have a good final ball in him, and worse is his shooting. Due to his dribbling ability he often finds himself with a bit of space on the edge of the box, the perfect position to strike, and he looks like he doesn’t even think about it as an option, usually preffering to run sideways and gift the opposition defence time to get back into position. There are other players in his position who offer much more of a goal threat and have better desicion making but who are cheaper for being less ‘flashy’.

HhhaaahhhaaaahhaaahhhaaahhhaahhhAa

Oh shit, I've given you oxygen ?

Now it looks like we might be financially secure, I wouldn't sell Jack.

IF we fall foul of FFP, then we will have to pay a fine of , say £5m...….IF we hang on to Jack, right age, right ability, good attitude, and he develops as well as I think he can , then he will be worth , after a full season of playing and developing, of at least another £20/30 m in todays market.It is a gamble I would take tbh.

I'm not bothered about Kodja, Chester etc, they are easily replaceable, Jack is not.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Now it looks like we might be financially secure, I wouldn't sell Jack.

IF we fall foul of FFP, then we will have to pay a fine of , say £5m...….IF we hang on to Jack, right age, right ability, good attitude, and he develops as well as I think he can , then he will be worth , after a full season of playing and developing, of at least another £20/30 m in todays market.It is a gamble I would take tbh.

I'm not bothered about Kodja, Chester etc, they are easily replaceable, Jack is not.

He won't be worth more in a year. Next year he will only have one year on his deal. We run the risk then of losing him for nothing.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

He won't be worth more in a year. Next year he will only have one year on his deal. We run the risk then of losing him for nothing.

Not if he signs a new contract.  It wouldnt add that much to ffp and would protect his value.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Not if he signs a new contract.  It wouldnt add that much to ffp and would protect his value.

He wouldn't sign a new deal.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

He wouldn't sign a new deal.

I think he would tbh, 5 year deal, guarantee of being the main man, having a team built around him and the new owners/investors saying they will bankroll whatever we need to achieve a good squad that will take us up so he can express himself as the heartbeat of the side at the top level. What Villa fan in their right mind would turn that down if they had Jack's talent? 

• Like 2

Didn't know he had a year left tbh.

What I would say though, that it looks as if these people have got enough finance to be serious players, and with the right decisions being made now, we could be where Spuds are now in 2 or 3 seasons.

IF Jack is as big a fan as he says, then maybe he might be willing to stop for one more season, it wont do him any harm, it will be the club who take the hit, but imho we have more chance of getting promotion with him in the team, and I presume that is the new owners aim.

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think he would tbh, 5 year deal, guarantee of being the main man, having a team built around him and the new owners/investors saying they will bankroll whatever we need to achieve a good squad that will take us up so he can express himself as the heartbeat of the side at the top level. What Villa fan in their right mind would turn that down if they had Jack's talent? 

Absolutely this.

Give him a good contract and stick in a beefy minimum release clause too of minimum £40m plus other little add ons thrown in for good measure.

• Like 2

It’s 2 years and we hadn’t offered him anything at present but this is the window for that offer. 

Its still likely he will go lads, he’s been offered a good wage and CL football, he’s been told he needs PL football by Southgate. 

I’m chuffed we’ve got investment but we’re going to really struggle to keep Jack. The nail in his coffin was Steve Bruce being kept on last summer, awful football dinosaur. 

Just now, KJT123 said:

Do we really need to sell him now we don't have any cash flow issues? I remember a post from @omariqy soon after the playoff final detailing how we could meet FFP demands without needing to sell either Jack or Chester.

No.

I am sure a few quid could be raised and saved by flogging the deadwood anyway.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely this.

Give him a good contract and stick in a beefy minimum release clause too of minimum £40m plus other little add ons thrown in for good measure.

Definitely. It would really show they mean business. Says to everyone else we will not sell our players cheap anymore. If you want them, then pay up. Otherwise sod off!

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s 2 years and we hadn’t offered him anything at present but this is the window for that offer. 

Its still likely he will go lads, he’s been offered a good wage and CL football, he’s been told he needs PL football by Southgate. 

I’m chuffed we’ve got investment but we’re going to really struggle to keep Jack. The nail in his coffin was Steve Bruce being kept on last summer, awful football dinosaur. 

I feel he deserves an new and improved contract, what @romavillan also highlights.

England are not in the Euros for 2 years yet and ideally we will be back in the PL by that time anyway.

Combine this with replacing Bruce and I am sure all will be fine.

Â