The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, babyblue said:

The offer is exactly in line with what I suggested, your best hope is a bidding war. Would be utterly amazed if anyone offered anything north of £25 including add ons. Which of course you are entitled to reject or ask for more of course, but it won't get paid IMO.

So the view will need to be taken that if he's not going to sign a new contract or you can't afford to offer him a lucrative one... is £15m / £20m / £25m better than £10m or less next summer, if as a few have said he'll only have a year left It's exactly the situation we're in... we see CB's going for £75m so we value Mahrez at more. But nobody is willing to pay it, so our choice is to take £65 / £75m now or accept that we'll probably lose him for £25m / £30m next summer.

Have you ever had Spurs come in for one of your players?  They open with about 2% of a players value.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John said:

No doubt it's a take it or leave it offer from Levy. I'll leave it.

no he'll get to about 18 million on deadline day before the real games start

The offer may not be Villa's to turn down, it could be to the administrators if finance is not found. One thing is for sure, Grealish will not be our player come the new season. 

Just now, tinker said:

The offer may not be Villa's to turn down, it could be to the administrators if finance is not found. One thing is for sure, Grealish will not be our player come the new season. 

No administrators yet. This would be public knowledge.

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Predictable offer from Levy - he's not going to come straight in with a sensible bid, is he? 

not unless its a bidding war and more than one club is involved.....very rare do we attract that situation though.

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Thing is for us, having Jack in the team for 2 seasons and maybe try and sneak promotion via play-offs (unlikely but who knows) will be way better for us than having £15-25m in the bank now which would go towards playing McCormacks wages. Even at the risk of him leaving for free after the 2 years. He's an academy player and cost nothing other than time and wages. 

There's a lot of players we should be accepting low-ball offers for, Jack isn't one of them. 

Yeah, absolutely understand that point of view. It's the same view I'd take on someone offering £20m/£30m for Vardy, great money for a 31 year old. But he's a 20 goal a season striker, how could we replace him unless we got very very lucky. Boils down to the financial pressures doesn't it really and whether you're in the position to even make that sort of decision.

24 minutes ago, babyblue said:

The offer is exactly in line with what I suggested, your best hope is a bidding war. Would be utterly amazed if anyone offered anything north of £25 including add ons. Which of course you are entitled to reject or ask for more of course, but it won't get paid IMO.

So the view will need to be taken that if he's not going to sign a new contract or you can't afford to offer him a lucrative one... is £15m / £20m / £25m better than £10m or less next summer, if as a few have said he'll only have a year left It's exactly the situation we're in... we see CB's going for £75m so we value Mahrez at more. But nobody is willing to pay it, so our choice is to take £65 / £75m now or accept that we'll probably lose him for £25m / £30m next summer.

Ashley Young had 1 year left on his contract and went for 17m to Man Utd and that was when we weren't dealing with silly transfer fees like we are now. Grealish has a lot more potential than he did and he's been playing in the worst Villa team I have ever seen, Young was good but had a lot of help from star players around him.

Grealish is easily worth 25-30m and it's not even close. Spurs paid 30m for Sissoko and 15m for Llorente.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Ashley Young had 1 year left on his contract and went for 17m to Man Utd and that was when we weren't dealing with silly transfer fees like we are now. Grealish has a lot more potential than he did and he's been playing in the worst Villa team I have ever seen, Young was good but had a lot of help from star players around him.

Grealish is easily worth 25-30m and it's not even close. Spurs paid 30m for Sissoko and 15m for Llorente.

thats not how this works, you're only allowed to use other players transfer fees if it demonstrates that we all overvalue him

Just now, Farlz said:

We're surely going to tell them to piss off with that offer, I don't care how bad things might be for us 

If it was me i wouldn't even acknowledge the offer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

All three you've mentioned were premier league footballers, Young had proven himself at the in a top 6 premier league team. Llorente played for a team who had zero financial worries, it's nigh on impossible to force a premier league team to sell like teams used to, because they don't need the money. Spurs went in to panic mode for Sissoko and bid that on the back of some great performances for France that summer.

I just feel the odds are stacked against you in terms of getting the sort of fee you think he's worth selling for. 

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

Welcome to the world of football outside of the premier league. Excluding a handful of clubs at the top end of the championship, this IS life for all football league teams.

This isn't looking down or sneering, this will be the reality for Leicester again at some point. Perhaps I'm just more used to that existence having spent a good chuck of time down there, where you've done well to keep out of it pretty much.

I can live with it to an extent. Dwight yorke, barry, milner, benteke, young etc.. we know when a player is too good for us. While that hurts, you know money can be reinvested to try and improve and bring in new players. 

The thing that makes me angry with jack, is that this won't be the case. We will be selling him to just make the accounts better. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Bet you he is ?

• Like 1

It only makes any sense to sell jack if it sorts out the problem in one go. 

If we still have to rip the squad to bits after we sell him it doesn't make sense.

If the money gap is only 15m then it doesn't make sense.

A lot of ifs and but but it ultimately comes down to when losing one player is better than many, and at 15m I'd rather sell others and keep jack(I'd personally keep jack at almost all costs) but at 40m+ then I can see the argument.

• Like 1

Â