The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

28 minutes ago, tinker said:

The offer may not be Villa's to turn down, it could be to the administrators if finance is not found. One thing is for sure, Grealish will not be our player come the new season. 

It is now so a quick "p**s off and don't come back with another joke bid" should have been our curt response.

Dear Mr Levy,

Thank you for your kind offer of £15m for the services of Jack Grealish.  We have duly considered your offer and would like to inform you that our answer is that you can shove your £15m up your jacksie.  

Yours,

AVFC 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

not unless its a bidding war and more than one club is involved.....very rare do we attract that situation though.

If another club is after Jack they will probably just match Levy's bid and leave the decision for Jack to make in the assumption that we are that desperate to sell our best player

I know how negotiations work, you come in low, the seller comes in high, you go back and forth and you meet in the middle. I know we are not in a position of power, and I understand clubs wanting to get the best deal for themselves...but £15m doesn't even enter into a discussion.

NEXT

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

The offer may not be Villa's to turn down, it could be to the administrators if finance is not found. One thing is for sure, Grealish will not be our player come the new season. 

Even worst case scenario that happens, Jack would still have the final say on whether he signs off on that. He isn't Harry Kewell or Mark Viduka, his family bleeds Villa. He isn't going to dick over his own club,.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Dear Mr Levy,

Thank you for your kind offer of £15m for the services of Jack Grealish.  We have duly considered your offer and would like to inform you that our answer is that you can shove your £15m up your jacksie.  

Yours,

AVFC 

Sideways!!

We should just ignore the offer and not even reply to it, wait a few days, then make a public bid of £2.5m for Lloris 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I'm not going to pretend that I know how these things work but surely it's down to Jack where he works, he is a human being after all.

Can't see how an administrator could come along as say "sorry mate we've decided you've gotta work elsewhere" "nevermind what your contract says". 

If your financial situation is a bleak as reported, as a Villa fan, maybe he will leave for the good of the club?

He is gonna know more then any of us how bad it is, if its really bad as a fan he may see it as helping the club in its hour of need? 

Leeds were trying to sell Alan Smith to the highest bidder, maybe the same things going on with Grealish? 

Just now, Cjay said:

If your financial situation is a bleak as reported, as a Villa fan, maybe he will leave for the good of the club?

He can't just decide to leave, the club have to accept a bid first. There's no doubt in my mind they will be able to get a bid of around £30m (including add-ons) for him and whoever gets him is getting a bargain.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He can't just decide to leave, the club have to accept a bid first. There's no doubt in my mind they will be able to get a bid of around £30m (including add-ons) for him and whoever gets him is getting a bargain.

No i understand that but if the club or the administrators accept a bid, it may not be the bid Jack wants or even Villa want, but it might be whats needed, thats all i meant. 

30 minutes ago, Cjay said:

He is gonna know more then any of us how bad it is, if its really bad as a fan he may see it as helping the club in its hour of need? 

Leeds were trying to sell Alan Smith to the highest bidder, maybe the same things going on with Grealish? 

i personally think any sale of grealish will sit on the shoulder of xia and he'll always be well thought of at VP, finances have forced the move rather than the player himself and to be fair to him even if the finances were ok (maybe even if we had been promoted too) if it is the likes of spurs and chelsea sniffing around him then its harder still to begrudge him, Leicester or west ham on the other hand you could probably question if he should have waited

all he has to do is stay quiet and ride it out (which i think will be all summer as we want a bidding war) and keep his agent shut, if he does a gareth barry style NOTW interview then theres every danger the opinion of him will go the same way

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

No i understand that but if the club or the administrators accept a bid, it may not be the bid Jack wants or even Villa want, but it might be whats needed, thats all i meant. 

Absolutely, this is one of the main reasons we managed to sign Neves a year ago, he's a big Porto fan but he knew Porto needed the money.

Â