The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't want him to go to Russia. Southgate wouldn't give him the faith we have and it would be damaging. I want him to rest up and hopefully be totally fresh for us in the premier league. 

I was discussing last night how you'd play him as the opposition. You can't put two or three players on him like wolves did because he'll dance around them and make them look fools. You can't let him run because he will pick the killer pass. You can't chase him down as soon as he has the ball because it doesn't faze him whatsoever. I genuinely don't know how you'd defend against him.

He is solidly the top 2 player on the pitch week in week out, and only isn't top if someone else plays a blinder. But in the big games he raises it to a whole new level. He's unplayable! I never thought he'd get to the stage where he was consistently producing performances like the Liverpool semi.

• Like 4

I had my doubts that he’d ever fulfil his obvious potential, but he’s been an absolute monster this season. The best player in the championship. The best player the championship has ever had maybe? **** brilliant. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce having complete faith in him which he didn't last year and Terry, clearly both have had a positive effect. 

For me the biggest change is his physical side. His injury has allowed his transformation from boy to man much quicker. Absolute blessing in disguise.

This. Exemplified yesterday by his tackle that thwarted a potentially dangerous Wolves attack, followed by running half the length of the pitch only to be stopped by N'Diaye trying to rip his head off.

He was brilliant yesterday. His passing and running with the ball were off the charts in terms of how superb they were. And in a highly charged pressure game too.

• Like 1

The fact that he's only scored one goal, and still is rated ultra high here says it all (I know he's one of our own, but I don't think it negates my point). He's so important to us, he's the reason Albert and Snoddy get to do what they do best.

Brilliant again from Jack.

Everytime he got the back he was making space, gliding past players. He was the jnlynone first half who had off the ball movement, always looking for space. He also works so hard for the team to win the ball back. Can’t believe he got booked, looked like a perfect pass.

This player is the real deal and should be on the World Cup. I think his lack of goals/assists will mean Southgate hasn’t even looked at him. But he is so much more than that. His weight of pass is perfect and creates that space for someone else to get an assist (that ball to Adomah today)

42 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

The fact that he's only scored one goal, and still is rated ultra high here says it all (I know he's one of our own, but I don't think it negates my point). He's so important to us, he's the reason Albert and Snoddy get to do what they do best.

Literally everything goes through him. He’s constant movement and give and go’s create so much space for other players.  I also love the way he lets player get close to him and then and flicks it past them. 

Plus he also wins a lot of free kicks which is always handy when you have one of the best set piece takers in the league.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Jack staying fit = promotion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

People saying the defending is poor in Championship maybe right but the Premier League isnt exactly 1980s Serie A

Tottingham got schooled in the art of defending the other night. Jack has nothing to fear of Premier League defenders, his first touch is good enough and he knows what he wants to do before he gets the ball. Premier League defences give less time on the ball and less space, he can cope with that I think. Probably more so than any other player we have.

• Like 1

He'll be too good for the prem. There should be another league above that. Thats where Jack Grealish should play.

just saw this on the backtracking Wolves forum:

"We were undone by the brilliance of Grealish he was fantastic tonight. Hope we go up and they don't cos if that's the case we need to try and sign him"

:crylaugh:

Top performance last night, again. Said pre-game he'll lead us to victory, he isnt letting down at all anymore, turns up when it matters. When he adds more goals to his game, he'll be unstoppable. Hopefully by then we'll pay him what he wants and be back where we belong and his love for Villa will count for everything.

• Haha 1

I think Jack had learned that he doesn't have to tie defenders in knots to beat them. It's magnificent to watch. 

Just a drop of the shoulder and a little shimmy, shift it from one foot to the other. 

Not only that, he's got the final ball and the movement around him to make a difference. 

• Like 1

Â