The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I suspect his brother still does. 

If he does, then Jack needs a pat on the back. Not just for the elegant prowess he has on the ball. He's always had that. 

He's kept his nose clean and knuckled down. He works incredibly hard in every game, tracks back and does the dirty work. 

And you just have to look at his calves to see he works hard off the pitch. 

I quite agree he is developing into a fine tuned athlete- someone likened him to Merse, in all fairness I would not put him in this bracket as yet - Merse was a genius and a quick thinking one at that - Jack however is not a million miles away - and with his career still in front of him who knows ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I quite agree he is developing into a fine tuned athlete- someone likened him to Merse, in all fairness I would not put him in this bracket as yet - Merse was a genius and a quick thinking one at that - Jack however is not a million miles away - and with his career still in front of him who knows ?

He has that ability to play perfectly weighted passes with the outside of his foot like Merse used to. It's superb technique.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, TRO said:

Needs to add goals to his game Mike to turn more heads.....but I agree with your sentiment.

Prize asset.

i think the goals will come, that's the next level of his maturity

seems to always be in shooting range when he positioned centre towards left of goal and you can almost guarantee he will attempt to bend it in the far right post... rarely has ever come off for him and Id rather see him put his foot through it low and hard instead

• Like 3

So outside recognition starting again....

Click

Aston Villa top scorer Albert Adomah has acknowledged the debt Steve Bruce's in-form Championship side currently owe to fit-again Jack Grealish.

Since replacing the injured Josh Onomah early in the 1-0 win at Middlesbrough on 30 December, Grealish has made six successive league starts in Villa's run of seven straight league wins.

"Since Jack came back in, he's been immense," Adomah told BBC WM.

"Even if he doesn't score, he produces magic. He creates things from nowhere."

• Like 2

I suffered a kidney injury and it's pretty scary. Especially when doctors are talking about you having to be on regular dialysis when discharged. 

I don't know how serious his injury was but it may have given him a new outlook on life.  His career could have been over it it was as serious as some injuries can be. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 21:22, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has that ability to play perfectly weighted passes with the outside of his foot like Merse used to. It's superb technique.

First half on Sunday he played a wonder ball through to Adomah that didn't really get picked up in the aftermath of so much good stuff to focus on.

It led to nothing which didn't help but the technique was sublime, it was as though he shaped to play it with the instep but kind of almost laced it through, perfectly weighted and in between their defenders, class.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, supermon said:

He seems to have a new sharpness and focus about himself, I can see the determination in his eyes when he walks on to the pitch. Please stay fit

Its that swagger its so appealing.....not getting carried away, but it reminds me of Brian Little in the '74-'75 season....not saying Jack scores goals like Brian.....just that swagger.

Â