The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

43 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It would be annoying if Onomah slots in instead.

He's half the player Jack is, but we have won games with him in that position. Against Fulham however he'll have to work his socks off, not fade out the game and look happy with a few nice touches here and there. 

The alternative is to play Grabban and Hogan up front together in a 442, go all out. Swap Thor in for Jedinak to give the midfield more energy and composure and put pressure on Fulham. 

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can see that view but I honestly think O'Hare or even Green would do more in that position than Onomah.

Maybe green but not ohare for me. Has not done anything warrant being ahead of lansbury let alone Onomah  

32 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

He's half the player Jack is, but we have won games with him in that position. Against Fulham however he'll have to work his socks off, not fade out the game and look happy with a few nice touches here and there. 

The alternative is to play Grabban and Hogan up front together in a 442, go all out. Swap Thor in for Jedinak to give the midfield more energy and composure and put pressure on Fulham. 

Yes - I like the sound of this too 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 18:01, TRO said:

Its that swagger its so appealing.....not getting carried away, but it reminds me of Brian Little in the '74-'75 season....not saying Jack scores goals like Brian.....just that swagger.

I don't think it is correct use the word `swagger' for him - gives the wrong impression.

It looks like confidence to me. And it is brilliant.

On 12/02/2018 at 02:17, MrDuck said:

I can't think of a player we've had with more natural ability than Grealish since the days of Dwight Yorke.

Agreed.

And we possibly have a couple more in the pipeline. O'Hare and McKirdy, from what I have seen of them.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He has played brilliantly at Under 23 level and has impressed me in his substitute appearances this season. 

I have not seen too much from the sun appearances so far, he has a lot of potential but for me not enough to warrant a place ahead of lansbury or onomah. 

lansbury was really good against leeds its a shame he hasnt featured much since then 

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In central midfield? 

As you know, Grealish isn't a central midfielder, he has Hourihane and someone like Jedinak behind him. IMO O'Hare or Green could play in that attacking midfield role to good effect.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As you know, Grealish isn't a central midfielder, he has Hourihane and someone like Jedinak behind him. IMO O'Hare or Green could play in that attacking midfield role to good effect.

Well that is where he has been playing. Please don't make me drag up heat maps to prove it!

I would not change the system. Jack or no Jack. For me that means Onomah or Lansbury are the ideal candidates. 

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Green on the wing and Adomah in Grealish's role, could that work or is Albert too well suited for a wide position?

Could be adomah who misses out with injury too - Bruce will assess them later so seems there is hope both may play .

Â