The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think maybe it's about time we stopped holding the Liverpool game as the yardstick. As much of a revelation as he was, a deserved man of the match, I think the legend has overtaken the reality. He's a much more complete player now, as has been said a million times already the boy has become a man.

THE man.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Reminds me a little of Steve McManaman, with his close control, whilst having the ball at his feet. And if I remember correctly, he didn't have a bad career at all. The one comfort, is, knowing how much he loves the Villa, so I think, if he ever does decide to move, it will be abroad. I believe he's got that much potential.

playing hypotheticals here and looking for some guidance to those closer to club and player...     If (and at this point its a really big if)  we don't go up this year, does Jack stay or go??

he is clearly a premier league player, no doubt about it, and without a shadow of a doubt there will be mid table premier league teams in for him for big coin...    so just wonder if he would go or loyalty to his club make him stay

I personally think he stays

3 hours ago, Skills said:

playing hypotheticals here and looking for some guidance to those closer to club and player...     If (and at this point its a really big if)  we don't go up this year, does Jack stay or go??

he is clearly a premier league player, no doubt about it, and without a shadow of a doubt there will be mid table premier league teams in for him for big coin...    so just wonder if he would go or loyalty to his club make him stay

I personally think he stays

I can see Spurs coming in for him, they'll be spending the dollars soon apparently now that their ground situation is sorted. A bid of £50 mill and mucho wages and he'd be off. The only chance we have of keeping him is that others wait to see how he fares in the premiership (if we go up).

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I can see Spurs coming in for him, they'll be spending the dollars soon apparently now that their ground situation is sorted. A bid of £50 mill and mucho wages and he'd be off. The only chance we have of keeping him is that others wait to see how he fares in the premiership (if we go up).

Not to be picky.....but the only iffy bit hanging over him at present is his goal scoring.....It might put the big boys off, to see what happens in that area of his game.

If he adds goals to this form he has.....we will have difficulty in holding on to him.

However Dr T is no mug he knows the value of a player,playing like Jack and it will require a mighty big can opener to prize jack out of Villa Park

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Most skilful midfield player we have had in 30+ years, with the possible exception of Paul Merson  IMHO

And he can only get better.

Needs to add goals to his game Mike to turn more heads.....but I agree with your sentiment.

Prize asset.

Its fantastic to see him finally live up to the hype. 

His attitude off the pitch had changed and hes worked alot harder. I guess having pro's like Chester Terry Jedinak Elmo (even Whelan etc) have made him realise what he needs to do to make it. He came through with the likes of Lescott Gabby etc. Also hes 22 now.. hes a man now. He has worked extremely hard to get back.. the injury made him realise what he was missing. Now hes firing and reaping the rewards. Credit to you Jack. This is what we all knew you had. Work hard off the pitch and you will be rewarded. No one ever doubted your talent. Steve Bruce may deserve some credit for his management of Jack too? *hides*

Dominates every game he’s involved in at the moment. You can see defences are so scared of him. Very few English players can move with the ball the way he does, plus the weight of pass every time is perfect.Whilst I’d like to see more goals from him, I don’t think that is holding him back. As long as he keeps getting assists then he’s doing his job.

Is he still able to play England U21? If so be interesting to see if they play him in the March games.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder if he reads this thread? 

I suspect his brother still does. 

If he does, then Jack needs a pat on the back. Not just for the elegant prowess he has on the ball. He's always had that. 

He's kept his nose clean and knuckled down. He works incredibly hard in every game, tracks back and does the dirty work. 

And you just have to look at his calves to see he works hard off the pitch. 

Â