The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredible performance. Best I've seen from him since the semi vs Liverpool.

Ran the show. best player on the pitch by a mile.

Can only echo this, they couldn't get near him, best player in the division on this form

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, and was mocked by VT for it. Glad Bruce had faith in Jack.

No one mocked the idea of building round grealish. The suggestion was mocked as it seemed a convineint excuse during a bad spell not because people didn't have faith in jack. 

And once again glad to be proven wrong as it's a smart decision to build around this kid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No one mocked the idea of building round grealish. The suggestion was mocked as it seemed a convineint excuse during a bad spell not because people didn't have faith in jack. 

A bad spell? It was pre-season wasn't it?

It was another example of what happens on VT. When a manager is out of favour with some, everything he says gets mocked, whether it makes sense or not.

Glad Bruce was proven right on this occasion.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was another example of what happens on VT. When a manager is out of favour with some, everything he says gets mocked, whether it makes sense or not.

The injury was pre season and i believe the comments were mocked during our terrible start to the season. I don't think it was purely on being out of favour, bruce didn't seem to have faith in grealish and even when he did it seemed to be in a wide role. The suggestion of building round jack in a number 10 role came out of nowhere really.

Anyway, after a performance like that i'd rather focus on Grealish as an incredible talent. My response was mainly to point out it wasn't mocked because people didn't have faith in Jack.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it was during our poor start to the season, where he was getting mocked for not having a plan B/putting all his eggs in one basket rather than the idea itself. Not that I agree with this assessment, but that's what it was imo.

Back OT though, I'm both annoyed and happy people outside the club aren't making a bigger deal out if Jack. That performance today was outrageous, and the fact that he's English makes it all the more perplexing. The Championship really is the forgotten league.

Edited by Keyblade

Not sure if I had lost faith in Jack, that sounds a bit dramatic. But at the start of the season I didn’t see how he would fit into our best starting eleven (assuming everyone was available).

However so much has changed since then. Jack obviously has to take the bulk of the credit for his form, but I like to think we’re also seeing the influence of Bruce, his coaching team and the likes of Terry and Snodgrass there too.

It’s been said often enough that Jack has the talent but we need to see him perform on a regular basis, we’ll he bloody is now. This season could well be the making of him. A real turning point.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was mocked and belittled for supporting Steve Bruce when we had a string of average results earlier in the season. It put me off debating in here because it felt like those with the loudest posts were heard the most. Its easy to be a negative Nigel, say everything is rubbish and then all but the pinnacle of performance seemingly proves you correct. 

It's a bit early yet to get the bunting out, but hopefully 7 wins in a row has proved that Bruce is the right man for the job and deserves the support of the fan base, on merit. 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The weight he puts on his passes is perfect. Not every now any then, not some of the time, but just about every single pass he plays, even those back to the keeper. The ball just does what he wants it to do. 

His running and the power he now has to run players off the ball is particularly impressive, he made a defensive run in the first half today where he caught an opposition player and simply ran him off the ball over about forty yards was a display of real power.

And those aren't even the parts of his game that people are impressed by.

No this is the part I'm most impressed by. It shows his quality. Every single pass is weighted perfectly. Very few players have that in their locker. It's what let's us know we have an absolute gem of a player on our hands and not just someone in good form 

What I like about him is that he's still kind of a flair player, just without the flashy tricks and stepovers you would see from Okocha or Neymar. It's his movement and balance that puts defenders off, almost like he's dancing over the pitch. He nonchalantly glides past players before feeding his mates with perfectly weighted passes. He makes it all look so easy, which is what I find most impressive.

Now that he's stepped up his game by changing his attitude, staying on his feet when it counts and tracking back regularly, it is apparent that he has the potential to become a world class player.

• Like 2

Jack Grealish needs a better song. 

He's far too good for a generic player chant that is sung at hundreds of other average to poor players. 

If nothing rhymes with Grealish he needs a lyrical nickname. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jack Grealish needs a better song. 

He's far too good for a generic player chant that is sung at hundreds of other average to poor players. 

If nothing rhymes with Grealish he needs a lyrical nickname. 

Someone had one on here that had potential (apologies, I forget who), think it was along the lines of -

Get the ball Jack

And when you attack we’ll score, we’ll score, we’ll score, we’ll score

Get the ball Jack

And when you attack, we’ll score.

That one really shouldn’t be too difficult to catch on.

• Like 3

In addition to Grealish receiving the deserved plaudits for his great performances, kudos to John Terry for having such a huge influence on Jack. He's obviously put his arm around him.  Masterstroke of a signing from Bruce to bring him in.

• Like 2

I said it a couple of years ago, but he's our Totti.

He plays like a young Totti, looks like a young Totti, he's gonna be taking selfies with the Holte when he's 40, just like Totti (did against lazio).

Jack will only get better and more confident as he plays.  You watch the first time switches and backheels start coming into his game now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

To be fair to Bruce, he said from the start that he wanted to build a team round Grealish. 

He said it after he picked up an injury during our poor pre-season when he hadn't shown anything in his selections or comments that that was his plan. It sounded like an excuse.

Last season he didn't build the team round him. He played him in different positions and was he was always the first to be moved out wide or subbed.

It's great Grealish has made himself undroppable and is showing such consistency in a nice role found for him by Bruce.

• Like 1

Â