The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That finish was quality. He nonchalantly knocked that in whereas a lot of players would have thrashed at it and put it over or wide. 

Keep up the good work Jack - your performances are helping to take our club back to the big time!

14 hours ago, av1 said:

Not seen the stat mate so I'll take your word for it. But today i saw him running back 30/40 yards to try and win the ball back. I've not saw that in his game over the the last few seasons. 

100%. He never worked this hard before his return from this seasons injury. I have no doubt the presence of JT has changed his mindset. You can see JT is constantly talking to him/hanging around with him. 

He is alot fitter.. working back trying to win the ball.. it adds to his overall performance and hes not just a passenger any more. Felt like we were playing with 10 men at times last year when he played. 

Credit to him.. this is what i have been most critical about him.. hes turned a corner. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Has anyone got footage of the penalty that wasn’t a penalty. I’d like to see it again as was sure it was a foul.

the highlights of the match on avfc tv have gone up now

so worth a look. just watching myself...

• Like 2

Watching it again it looks a penalty but it does seem like Jack knows he is about to be foul and has almost started to fall. I can kind of see why the ref gave a dive,

Either way I still think the ref didn't give it because he didn't give Burton one in the first half. 

Edit: let me just add that link up play between Grealish and Onomah was one of the best pieces of football I've seen from us all season. 

IMG_7597.PNG

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, brommy said:

Yellow cards can't be rescinded unless it's mistaken identity.

Well it was mistaken identity. He mistook Jack for the player he saw taking a dive instead of the player who was hacked down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well it was mistaken identity. He mistook Jack for the player he saw taking a dive instead of the player who was hacked down. 

Yeah, I don't think that will wash; though I agree it should have been a penalty and therefore not a yellow.

At the start of the season I was struggling to see how an injury-free Jack would fit into a full strength Villa line up. Now I see him as one of the 5 or 6 players we have, who if available, has to start. 

It’s so good to see him enjoy playing for us. Really starting to see that player I heard so much about.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Â