The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not taking anything from Jack but I am yet to see a manager get the best out of this guy.

He has played under how many managers already and is only 22/23?

Can't be good or settling for anyones development.

his best performances were under Sherwood who trusted him

I dont feel any of his other manager has had faith in him since then

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

his best performances were under Sherwood who trusted him

I dont feel any of his other manager has had faith in him since then

I’m not disagreeing.  Im just not sure I understand what this means.  In what tangible way did Sherwood “trust” Jack that others have not?   If Bruce is to be believed, Bruce built this whole side around Jack.  Is that not “trust.”   Not looking for a dig or a disagreement, just truly don’t understand what the idea of “trusting Jack” really even means.  

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I’m not disagreeing.  Im just not sure I understand what this means.  In what tangible way did Sherwood “trust” Jack that others have not?   If Bruce is to be believed, Bruce built this whole side around Jack.  Is that not “trust.”   Not looking for a dig or a disagreement, just truly don’t understand what the idea of “trusting Jack” really even means.  

well he was 18/19 Sherwood gave him a starting role in big relegation battle and in an FA Cup semi final when Lambert previously didnt rate him. Since then through his own fault as well other managers dont seem to have that faith in him

If all our players are fit I dont think Bruce would start Jack no matter what he says

19 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

He told him a secret. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well he was 18/19 Sherwood gave him a starting role in big relegation battle and in an FA Cup semi final when Lambert previously didnt rate him. Since then through his own fault as well other managers dont seem to have that faith in him

If all our players are fit I dont think Bruce would start Jack no matter what he says

I think Lambert did rate him, he was just too young to have a pivotal role when he was manager hence why he was loaned out to Notts County. I think Bruce rates him very highly, he was given the no.10 shirt for a start and he's always bigging him up in interviews. I think even when McLeish was manager, he rated him, Grealish was in the squad at the age of 16

At the end of the day he needs a long run in the team and if he fails to deliver at the end of the season on goals and assists then perhaps he is  not as good as people hoped he would be.  He has been in some shocking Villa sides plus injuries and manager changes have not helped. But he has to start to deliver more regularly other than the odd bit of skill. Tomorrow would be nice!

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

At the end of the day he needs a long run in the team and if he fails to deliver at the end of the season on goals and assists then perhaps he is  not as good as people hoped he would be.  He has been in some shocking Villa sides plus injuries and manager changes have not helped. But he has to start to deliver more regularly other than the odd bit of skill. Tomorrow would be nice!

At the moment he is the only one that resembles a footballer......I have had my issues with Jack and still have to a degree.

He seems to have kicked that dropping to the floor on challenges ,like a child ditches the dummy, when its fed up....which is good to see.

He is the only one who can embrace the ball and go past people with it.He looks like a player, pity no one seems to be able to make intelligent runs to capitalise on his play, then again silly me they would need half a dozen touches to gain control of it.

He has to play, somewhere he is the only guile we have, other than perhaps Albert.

Edited by TRO

He was the best attacking player on the pitch again today. I haven't a clue why he was dropped as he has been our best player now for the last handful of games. I think Bruce got a little lucky today with Onomah getting injured as it allowed Jack to come on and going forward we looked much better as he does link the midfield to the wide players, put himself about the pitch and look to make things happen.

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

You cannot underestimate how important his hold-up play is, he allows us to move up the pitch. 

I know he has his critics for being "slow on the ball" or "not direct enough".Compare him to Adomah or a Green, both great players who are likely to get you the assist or the ...but Jack allows the entire team to move up the pitch and get players into attacking positions. All our promising attacking play that isn't route-one involves Jack.

I hope he was dropped for rest-purposes, but please Bruce...first name on the sheet please.

If having a slow and ponderous playmaker is a positive because it allows the rest of the team to amble forward, it is just another indication of how wrong the team is set up.

I agree to a point with what you are saying, but I don't think it is really a solution to the problem.

I'm still unconvinced by Grealish, but I'm not writing him off yet.

Â