The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Grealish of last season back because he of 1 game and now he's very overrated again? Christ this place some times is ridiculous. 

He was easily our best player. I've given him a fair bit of stick myself but what's he supposed to do when everyone is just standing still?  

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Grealish of last season back because he of 1 game and now he's very overrated again? Christ this place some times is ridiculous. 

He was easily our best player. I've given him a fair bit of stick myself but what's he supposed to do when everyone is just standing still?  

He has ability but today was far from his best - more effective at Leeds and derby 

I thought he was very good today - he always wanted the ball and was always involved, he picked up innumerable free kicks with his ability to control and move the ball more quickly than defenders can get to him (and his ability to fall over) - he was at the heart of most everything good we did and had what for me was his best game of this season and as good a 90 minutes as I've seen him have at Villa Park. He's head and shoulders above the rest of this team as a footballer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was very good today - he always wanted the ball and was always involved, he picked up innumerable free kicks with his ability to control and move the ball more quickly than defenders can get to him (and his ability to fall over) - he was at the heart of most everything good we did and had what for me was his best game of this season and as good a 90 minutes as I've seen him have at Villa Park. He's head and shoulders above the rest of this team as a footballer.

I thought he played better in the last 2 away games - he was busy today and arguably the best of a very poor bunch but little end product .’

still goes down too easily too , but no question he has ability and should be the focal point for us .

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Agreed, but at one or 2 points he annoyed me.

The time in particular when Hourihane was in acres of space and could have had an easy run at the box and he just dilly dallied and lost it instead.

Aside from that, I see what he brings to the game, although it looks like he is moving in slow motion, he has very good vision.

If he can’t pick the pass then he moves it on and keeps the ball in the final third or wins a foul. We saw more of the latter two today but he’s the most effective forward we have, if often indirectly. Of any player today he deserves the least criticism.

I'm not a huge fan of Grealish, he slows play down and all to often there is no end product. That said, i think he a much better option than Onamah at 10, who i don't rate at all. 

Probably our best player today but that unfortuantly highlights how poor our team is. I prefer Houraine, wasn't better than JG today but at least had some attempts on goal and tracks back a lot more. I find jack really annoying as majority of the time he ends up slowing down attacks, dribbling around looking like he might do something and then pssses it backwards or sideways or gets tackled. Still waiting to see what it is makes him so special.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

To often I have heard Grealish has been Villa MOTM in a match that we have failed to win at. Yes he is good on the ball but sometimes you have to ask where is the end product? Where are the shots, the goals, the through balls, and the assists?

Bloody good step overs in the middle of the pitch, though.

I agree with you, he delivers almost nothing when he gets in to the final third. I get the impression that defenders are told to stand off him and let him do his thing in the middle of the pitch; he'll hold on to the ball, but slow down play and not pose any threat. 

He's 22 now. He shouldn't be a 'prospect' any more, it's time he started actually delivering. If he can't now, in the Championship, I have little hope for him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â