The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have always said he is potentially head and shoulders above most at this level and tonight he showed it. In fairness he has been producing for a number of weeks now although not to the level he did tonight.

He has a massive role to play for us and if he keeps anything like this level up will go a big way to helping us to promotion

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

That was his best performance at championship level. Infact his best Villa game since May 2015.

Sort of game I thought he'd have regularly at this level but for many reasons it hasn't happened.

He was unplayable though and so very exciting potential for second half of the season.

• Like 3

Simply outstanding today, probably the best player in this league and I think we will realise how much his injury has cost us as he continues to orchestrate things for us for the return of the season. 

That was just a complete performance. Probably his best since the FA Cup semi final.

The run for the third goal was brilliant, but the bit that I really enjoyed was his piece of skill late on in the second half. 

The ball was bouncing towards him and was heading out of play, he somehow gets to the ball and flicks a boot out to keep it in - and then within the same movement, he has the intelligence to know the situation and turn it around the corner to a teammate to lead a counter attack.

Beautiful to watch.

• Like 2

I don't know whether it is just my hungover eyes, but does he seem to have grown taller and filled out a lot more whilst been out injured? Particularly against Boro, I thought he seemed to impose himself physically a lot more than I've seen before. I remember Ronaldo doing something similar at United, one minute a gust of wind could have blown him over, and the next he was built like a brick out-house.....

If he can add a bit of pace and power to the footwork and skill, then he could run the show for years to come.

20 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

That was just a complete performance. Probably his best since the FA Cup semi final.

The run for the third goal was brilliant, but the bit that I really enjoyed was his piece of skill late on in the second half. 

The ball was bouncing towards him and was heading out of play, he somehow gets to the ball and flicks a boot out to keep it in - and then within the same movement, he has the intelligence to know the situation and turn it around the corner to a teammate to lead a counter attack.

Beautiful to watch.

Yes that was truly outrageous, the sort of thing that has commentators creaming themselves when a "top" player does it. 

My favourite however was his ball to Adomah for the first. 

It was a very good header from Hogan and Adomah did what he is supposed to do in putting in a decent cross.  But the goal belonged to Jack for that pin point, eye of the needle, perfectly weighted pass which we have been missing for so long. 

The sort of thing you are accustomed to seeing in The Champions League and top of The Premier League. 

He did a lot today which we have all known is in his locker and craved to see.  He's had injuries and time out of the team and off field issues over the last couple of years. 

Hopefully this is now the start of his career proper and we will see more and more of this. 

• Like 2

Â