The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm surprised some thought he played well today. I thought he was quite lacking to be honest. I think it's at a point now where winning free kicks and not doing much else is seen as having a good game. He lost loads of 50-50 balls and anytime he collected a ball from a pass that had someone near by it he was dispossessed. Sure, he has nice little runs and plays a nice pass but nowhere at all threatening. For me he still looks like a boy out there playing at times, a lot of midfielders in this league are more dynamic and quicker than him and also influence games more than him despite having poorer payers around them. You could see Sheffield U. leaving him have the ball and letting him take his time to decide where to play it, mostly a sideways pass. He doesn't move the ball quick enough with a first touch to be that 1-2 type of player that a lot of people think he is imo.

It's still early yet though and he's first start in a while so I hope he finally comes good and puts all the nice little stuff he does together in threatening areas and with some sort of end product.

Edited by Trickster

I am going across the threads and near enough the same thing is being muted about quite a few of our players.. they are now appearing to be looking average..

Do not be disillusioned people, this is only to the Bruce-ball syndrome that is starting to now play with peoples minds and he is doing it through his players enforcing boring football and shit tactics.

- The exact same honest bunch of lads that only weeks ago the majoroty of us agree that would storm this league under a manager that had a clue and could get the best out of them through better philosophys and an attacking mindset.

I still believe this to be the case and thus avoiding blaming any of the players for the shit they also have to play to.

How long before he loses the dressing room.. or the dressing room loses him?

He does slow play down, but we play kick and rush - so it is no wonder.

if we had a manager who set us up to dictate games and play on the front foot, Grealish would be more effective.

another player let down by bad management.

Edited by Dick
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

95% pass completion and fouled 8 times. 

Wish we had more like him. I fear failure to get promoted will see Jack want to move on to better

I think failure to get promoted and we will have to him him and any other assets , we will see major cutbacks and a fire sale . 

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

If he was at Spurs he'd get as many minutes as he does under Bruce.

You realise he’s been injured most of the season? He’s been rightly eased back in and is now starting. 

At Spurs he would, at best, be making a handful of sub appearances. They have much better players than Jack Grealish.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You realise he’s been injured most of the season? He’s been rightly eased back in and is now starting. 

At Spurs he would, at best, be making a handful of sub appearances. They have much better players than Jack Grealish.

Yes I get that. Bruce did the same with him last year though. It's an exaggeration but the point being Bruce doesn't like players like him when they should be the focal point of our team.

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But they also play Moussa Sissoko a lot :P

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does any thread not turn in to a 'its Bruce's fault' thread? 

Any player playing well = bruce is lucky

any player playing badly = entirely Bruce’s fault

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Yes I get that. Bruce did the same with him last year though. It's an exaggeration but the point being Bruce doesn't like players like him when they should be the focal point of our team.

I think that’s nonsense to be honest. 

Grealish was used sporadically last season because he wasn’t playing very well. 

Â