The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

I love Jack and he is super talented but I wish he had more of an end product. He started to show a bit of it last season but still not enough. He should be getting 10 goals and 10 assists in this league.

He seems more keen to shoot which is a good thing. Grealish has a pretty good shot on him, so I expect him to get a goal sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he's been injured this season, and last season he wasn't very good.

He was good on Saturday though, hopefully he keeps that level of performance up.

well that’s what I mean, the injuries and constant chop and change means we haven’t seen him have a run of games since the start of Sherwood’s tenure. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2017 at 18:03, a m ole said:

well that’s what I mean, the injuries and constant chop and change means we haven’t seen him have a run of games since the start of Sherwood’s tenure. 

Wow!

He might see a full season before he hits 30 hopefully.

No wonder the boy is on hippy crack laughing gas with the arseholes he has had as managers!

Jack is certainly pulling the trigger more often, but importantly, he’s keeping them on frame.  This creates the opportunity for a fortunate deflection, but it also forces the defense to step out a bit higher.   It’s an important step to breaking down a packed defense, one we haven’t done often, partly because too many of our shots are harmlessly far off frame.   

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Jack is certainly pulling the trigger more often, but importantly, he’s keeping them on frame.  This creates the opportunity for a fortunate deflection, but it also forces the defense to step out a bit higher.   It’s an important step to breaking down a packed defense, one we haven’t done often, partly because too many of our shots are harmlessly far off frame.   

Off frame. You boys from over the pond, what are you like? :P

• Like 1

Our best player by a mile. And he wasn't even that good.

Only man who looks to get hold of it and do something, anything. Shifted out the left mid for his trouble. Still drifted around and was most influential.

Never had any options, no movement ahead of him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I honestly thought he would do well in this league. Very overrated player, and can't even produce the goods in the championship.

Have a day off mate, Grealish was villas best player today and if they don't go up we'll do well to keep him. Had no options, Hourihane woeful  (again) from general play. A player who was in a team who got promoted, carried a bit of form and momentum into the following season and when that leveled off his true ability or lack thereof is coming to the fore. Whelan,  another nothing player.

• Like 1

Really cant understand the stick he gets. His technique and ability is head and shoulders above anything else we have in midfield. Its no coincidence that every side (Sheff Utd included) try to kick him off the park, he ghosts pasts players easily and takes the ball in to dangerous areas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Really cant understand the stick he gets. His technique and ability is head and shoulders above anything else we have in midfield. Its no coincidence that every side (Sheff Utd included) try to kick him off the park, he ghosts pasts players easily and takes the ball in to dangerous areas. 

It's ok looking pretty, but overall his impact is not enough, or as much as I thought it would be. He did come on against Leeds and we were much better, but we need more consistency.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Have a day off mate, Grealish was villas best player today and if they don't go up we'll do well to keep him. Had no options, Hourihane woeful  (again) from general play. A player who was in a team who got promoted, carried a bit of form and momentum into the following season and when that leveled off his true ability or lack thereof is coming to the fore. Whelan,  another nothing player.

Not consistent enough. I'm not doubting his talent, but most villa fans will agree he simply does not produce the goods enough. He always looks busy on the ball, but no product at the end of it. 

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I like the parts where he picks up the ball and the 5 players around all just stand on the spot and pick their arse.

about to post the same thing. was embarrassing at times.

He played well in parts himself and should have got Basham a red card, out most dangerous midfielder 

• Like 1

Â