The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

how many free kicks/pens has he been awarded, i think we may have a chance of converting a few free kicks with our new midfield( i think a pen should count as a assist btw)  . a couple of games he has been kicked off the park, cardiff especially.

I think we could see the best of him in the coming months if this midfield gels

2 minutes ago, walesavfc said:

how many free kicks/pens has he been awarded, i think we may have a chance of converting a few free kicks with our new midfield( i think a pen should count as a assist btw)  . a couple of games he has been kicked off the park, cardiff especially.

I think we could see the best of him in the coming months if this midfield gels

He's the most fouled player in championship I believe

England has always been too 'now' without really giving much thought to the future IMO. So if a player has a few bad games, he's dropped, not good enough, sell him. A lot of foreign clubs tend to persist through the growing pains a bit more and let them develop. I'd rather still give him a decent amount of game time rather than ship him off or have him on the bench every week

• Like 1

Would not sell. Everyone moans about selling our talents young and they turn out to be good players. Cahill, Davis, Albrighton etc. All would walk back into our team. 

Jack has real potential, he needs to work harder but let's nuture him rather than giving up to a few million. Especially when money isn't really an issue, getting quality in can be. 

I hope we told boro to **** off

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 4

I'm all for him being sold. It will be the making/breaking of him. He strikes me as someone who has been in a comfort zone for far too long - familiar surroundings, familiar faces etc. He is 21 now and from what I've seen of him, he lacks sufficient pace to be a really good player. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Tony's tweet about it just now doesn't look too promising.

No it doesn't, I'd be lying if I said I actually understood it but it doesn't look good

unless it's for >£15m it's daft, he's got time on his side, he's the face of the club, he's a local lad, it's **** Middlesbrough...

unless it's a loan deal to try and get him out of the area and back in the Prem with Rhodes coming the other way but karanka's got them playing defensive shit football this season so I don't even see him fitting what Boro are doing 

if it's another swap deal where we get Rhodes and they get Jack I'll be fuming

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

England has always been too 'now' without really giving much thought to the future IMO. So if a player has a few bad games, he's dropped, not good enough, sell him. A lot of foreign clubs tend to persist through the growing pains a bit more and let them develop. I'd rather still give him a decent amount of game time rather than ship him off or have him on the bench every week

I actually think  Aston villa has been the reverse over the past few years. Talking about 'club ethos' and 'building structures' - 'visions for the future'

Lets try and win the bulk of the next 10 games - that will make things look a whole lot better...

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It would be such a foolish move. Can't believe anyone would actually be in favour of this. 

Depends on the fee 

I just couldn't turn down big money money for player with massive flaws in his game  (final ball, shot) 

• Like 1

I cannot believe some of the posts in here.  Sell Grealish at 21.  We've seen what he can do.  Ludicrous.  At 21 he's got 5 or 6 years possibly more given his natural physique and style of game before he hits his peak.  At the moment Bruce is playing him perfectly, giving him cameos or the odd game.  We've got some decent midfielders in that will hopefully take the focus and pressure off him.  

He has the potential if guided properly to be the best midfielder this club has had since Sid.  Put it this way, this club in its current state would not be able to attract the calibre of player he is likely to become, let alone afford him.

Edited by tezzaleed
  • Like 1

Â