The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

I cannot believe some of the posts in here.  Sell Grealish at 21.  We've seen what he can do.  Ludicrous.  At 21 he's got 5 or 6 years possibly more given his natural physique and style of game before he hits his peak.  At the moment Bruce is playing him perfectly giving him cameos or the odd game.  We've got some decent midfielders in that will hopefully take the focus and pressure off him.  He has the potential if guided properly to be the best midfielder this club has had since Sid.  Put it this way this club on its current state would not be able to attract the calibre of player he is likely to become let alone afford him.

What about Brie ?

I think Grealish has actually been one of our better players this season, and whenever he is dropped it is fairly obvious we need him on the pitch. He's doing well in the championship which is a very physical, tough league. I think after his experience in this league. he will be brilliant in the prem and I'll be gutted if he leaves. He's one of our own.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be selling him but his attitude and on field performances would lead me to question whether or not he will ever make it. Not being a regular starter in a mid-table championship team at 21 years old isn't a good sign. Being a notorius party boy doesn't help either.

• Like 1

We saw Jack at his best in that Liverpool semi final and he was superb on that day, but then the whole team were.

Those are the circumstances in which he thrives, where his team is in the ascendency and the sole responsibility for making things happen is not on him. Ok, he did it vs. Wigan and very welcome it was too, but others of his age in other teams when called upon to be the main man have stepped up successfully on a consistent basis, from the get go.

It definitely does hurt because he's one of our own and he has some serious talent, but it may be time. That said, I do believe he is a luxury we could now afford with quality support around him. Question is do we need him?

The only thing which would definitely change my mind about keeping him is if he refused a move because Villa is in his heart and he promised to buckle down and fight for his place in the team.

May be too late for that already.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't be selling him but his attitude and on field performances would lead me to question whether or not he will ever make it. Not being a regular starter in a mid-table championship team at 21 years old isn't a good sign. Being a notorius party boy doesn't help either.

I think not being a regular yet is more about his physique than his talent.  All people mature at different ages.  He still has the physique of a kid.  As he gets into his later 20s his metabolism will slow he'll become more robust and naturally gain a bit more self confidence.  He might slow down a little but as long as hes nurtured he'll be a perfect ball playing midfielder.  

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Sure he is still only 21 but I just don't see it with him. Difference is someone like Albrighton worked hard on the pitch when he did play, Jack doesn't work hard enough for me. Either way I'm not too fussed if he stays or leaves. 

Spot on. I think was thinking of Albrigjton as well. May not have had the ability that Grealish possesses but the effort was always there. 

Grealish is 21 and already seems to think he has some right to skip people without being tackled. More often then not he gets tackled. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spot on. I think was thinking of Albrigjton as well. May not have had the ability that Grealish possesses but the effort was always there. 

Grealish is 21 and already seems to think he has some right to skip people without being tackled. More often then not he gets tackled. 

Rot.  More often than not he gets past people but he does get tackled or fouled a lot.  However at his age thats exactly what you want because every tackle and every foul is a lesson.  It's when he stops trying to go past people for fear of being tackled is when you worry.  Thats when he turns into westwood.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

I think not being a regular yet is more about his physique than his talent.  All people mature at different ages.  He still has the physique of a kid.  As he gets into his later 20s his metabolism will slow he'll become more robust and naturally gain a bit more self confidence.  He might slow down a little but as long as hes nurtured he'll be a perfect ball playing midfielder.  

Rhetorical question really but do you actually think he is that good?

He doesn't do enough at the moment, he's one of those players we can't afford to have on the pitch incase he might have 1 minute in 90 where he does something.

I saw a comment on here recently, a forum member said he felt that Jack getting fouled actually slowed our game down - which I also think is true.

But I also think we would regret selling him.

12 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Rot.  More often than not he gets past people but he does get tackled or fouled a lot.  However at his age thats exactly what you want because every tackle and every foul is a lesson.  It's when he stops trying to go past people for fear of being tackled is when you worry.  Thats when he turns into westwood.

Slightest touch and he goes down. Sometimes he gets free kick sometimes he doesn't. It's good to have players that try to take people on and have a go. But there is a time and place to do it and that is not in the middle of the park to get hit on the break. I've lost count of how many times that has happened. He doesn't need to stop trying to go past people he needs to realise he doesn't have to try and do it all the time! 

He'd be a much better player in a better team with a more serious attitude. 

I think with the leaders being bought into our team, we'll be seeing a much more professional approach, which will bring out the best in him. 

Also, because he's creative, you need runners around you, as I'll keep on saying, we're so static when we have the ball what exactly is he meant to do? 

I know the other day he should have squared the ball to Gabby or whoever it was, but we need consistency.

Just keep him.

• Like 4

Â