The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Per game. Unless you think players have made .1 of a tackle somehow.

Misread that, although 1 tackle per game is nearly as bad. What about 1 assist in 23 appearances, that's a total figure - do you think that indicates he would be 'brilliant' in the Premiership?

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Don't know where this nonsense about him having only made 1 tackle in 21 games is coming from. But against Preston he made 2. So unless he made -1 tackles in the previous 20 games, I'm going to go ahead and call it nonsense.

According to this he has attempted 28 tackles and made 22.

1475360640e2c0dd31590aeb8577de82.png

Just now, VillaCas said:

Misread that, although 1 tackle per game is nearly as bad. What about 1 assist in 23 appearances, that's a total figure - do you think that indicates he would be 'brilliant' in the Premiership?

The very highest is only 2.3 and even that is mostly due to small sampe size (de laet). As for assists, tt indicates a lack of firepower, too. A lot of Kodjia's goals have come from the spot (of which Jack won some of).

But he's 21 FFS, playing in a team that's been awful.

• Like 1

I very much doubt they'll let him go, I think Tony's tweet has been misinterpreted. It's New Years Eve for him, he's probably mullered. 

It would be a barmy decision. Unless he's not pulling his weight.

The decision will be Steve Bruce's to make I'm sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I very much doubt they'll let him go, I think Tony's tweet has been misinterpreted. It's New Years Eve for him, he's probably mullered.

Yep tbh it's ambiguous enough to be dismissed until something clearer comes out.  Can't see us letting Jack go.  That would be a mistake unless someone offered us doolally money.

• Like 1

Of our entire squad, including players bought this week, Jack is the last player I would sell. For rational reasons as I think he's one of our most gifted players, but for emotional reasons too as I feel its important we have players with some (local) affinity to the club, at the club. 

• Like 1

Only just saw that tweet. Took it as "We know what decision to make (we know what we should do), I agree with you [to not sell] (I'm one of yours), you're always going to get offers for good players (it happened all the time if anyone is good)"

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Only just saw that tweet. Took it as "We know what decision to make (we know what we should do), I agree with you [to not sell] (I'm one of yours), you're always going to get offers for good players (it happened all the time if anyone is good)"

That sounds like Tony talk. 

I wonder if @Deisler123 interpreted it into Chinese and then back again it might make perfect sense ;)

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'd rather keep him. He's got talent, just needs to work on application and it isn't exactly a massive risk for us to stick with him.

Exactly. Everything points to us not being desperate to sell. If Jack is crap in another 18 months or so, fine. It's unlikely he'd have devalued to the point where we'd regret not selling him now. Otherwise, his value will go up and he'll be an even better asset in terms of £ or performance.

The lad has a footballing brain, that's the hardest part to teach. Everything else can be drilled in to him.

Â