The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Be madness to let him go for any price.  He has been playing with brain dead players since he came onto the team.  Cant imagine him playing defense cutting balls to Westwood, Gardner or Jedinak.  Wait to see his abilty now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Be madness to let him go for any price.  He has been playing with brain dead players since he came onto the team.  Cant imagine him playing defense cutting balls to Westwood, Gardner or Jedinak.  Wait to see his abilty now.

I don't think he will be sold. He should be given the chance with some of these new signings

But for me if he is still playing as crap as he has been this season I'd sell him come the summer. Take the 15-20m for him. We won't be stupid enough to sell him under 10m in my eyes 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

in 6 appearances for the U21s he's got 2 goals 4 assists and 2 MOTM awards

im not sure why people think us being shit is a grealish issue rather than a villa one, we as a team dont score very many goals

He isn't the sole reason we hVe been shit. But some of his performances this season have been pathetic. I'm also getting fed up of him going to the ground and waving his hands around all the time. Just play your bloody game. 

• Like 2

He's been coached by Tim Sherwood who didnt have a clue what was going on, Remi Garde who may as well not bothered and RDM who sent us backwards, which some thought was impossible.

Let's see how he develops and performs in a team / club that is professionally coached and managed. This could potentially be said for a number of our players.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I don't think he will be sold. He should be given the chance with some of these new signings

But for me if he is still playing as crap as he has been this season I'd sell him come the summer. Take the 15-20m for him. We won't be stupid enough to sell him under 10m in my eyes 

Well alot of Posts on here suggest his end product is bad. You will only have a product if someone is at the end of it which we havent had.  

What i do agree with is that the league maybe doesnt suit him as he is double marked and kicked black n blue. We have got three or four new players so other teams will be forced to focus on them now.  Sure teams ignore hutton in past. It mighten be worst option to swap him n rhodes to end of season but def not sell

With most young gifted players you get a period of adjustment. Much like the teenager at home beginning to push the barriers of house rules and when disciplined for that then doing something stupid in retaliation.

Reading this forum and indeed several media reports Grealish has been in the process of growing up, enjoying, or suffering the process we all go through but doing it in the public eye. The club like any parent have endured that process but under Bruce we've seen Grealish starting to mature and flourish on and off the pitch with Villa beginning to reap the benefit of that.

Why when you have taken the time to nurture that undoubted talent then sell him to a club that you're going to bypass positional wise in the Premiership in a matter of months?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isn't the sole reason we hVe been shit. But some of his performances this season have been pathetic. I'm also getting fed up of him going to the ground and waving his hands around all the time. Just play your bloody game

thats the thing, he's spent 80% of his time on the pitch on the left wing not playing his game...

people bringing out tackle stats and no doubt looking at distances run and headers won stats etc again thats not his game, im not sure what some people want him to be but i know that they're moaning that he's not it

Just now, striker said:

With most young gifted players you get a period of adjustment. Much like the teenager at home beginning to push the barriers of house rules and when disciplined for that then doing something stupid in retaliation.

Reading this forum and indeed several media reports Grealish has been in the process of growing up, enjoying, or suffering the process we all go through but doing it in the public eye. The club like any parent have endured that process but under Bruce we've seen Grealish starting to mature and flourish on and off the pitch with Villa beginning to reap the benefit of that.

Why when you have taken the time to nurture that undoubted talent then sell him to a club that you're going to bypass positional wise in the Premiership in a matter of months?

With regard to boro I would be very surprised if grealish was remotely interested in going there .

20 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

100% + >(50-2)*12 + 50 agree matey.

Look at his performances for England U21s ffs! He has been outstanding because he's playing with other half decent players and not headless rocket polishers! It's not rocket surgery.

It would be madness to sell such an asset, although I think the media have seen our recent additions and put two and two together and come up with potato, it's a nothing rumour.

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

You think 22 tackles in 22 games is "nearly as bad" as 1 tackle in 21 games, and you wonder why people are getting on your case?

Actually I think number of tackles are incidental for Grealish. Poor defensive contribution will always be levelled at him. It's his lack of contribution progressively that will be his undoing. He can't hold down a regular starting spot in a poor midfield. He's not going to when three new first choice midfielders and potentially a new forward arrive. 

I understand that people have an emotional attachment to him because he is one of our own but he is a luxury we can't carry. Dr X does not have bottomless pockets - with all these players coming in he needs to balance the books. Grealish represents an asset that is not crucial to us and who can be more easily sold than the rest of our squad players

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in 6 appearances for the U21s he's got 2 goals 4 assists and 2 MOTM awards

im not sure why people think us being shit is a grealish issue rather than a villa one, we as a team dont score very many goals

Not seen anyone say that "us being shit is a Grealish issue". His average form is just one factor. There are plenty of others

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Actually I think number of tackles are incidental for Grealish. Poor defensive contribution will always be levelled at him. It's his lack of contribution progressively that will be his undoing. He can't hold down a regular starting spot in a poor midfield. He's not going to when three new first choice midfielders and potentially a new forward arrive. 

I understand that people have an emotional attachment to him because he is one of our own but he is a luxury we can't carry. Dr X does not have bottomless pockets - with all these players coming in he needs to balance the books. Grealish represents an asset that is not crucial to us and who can be more easily sold than the rest of our squad players

I remember the soul searching, when Andy Gray, John Deehan and John Gidman all left together.....Imagine that lot going.

We brought in Kenny Swain and Peter Withe and can't quite remember

we went on to win the league and Euro Cup.

Provided and this is the crucial bit.......That the people who are doing it know what they are doing......let them get on with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

One assist and one tackle in 21 games. After starting well, one goal in last 17 games. Overall he scores less than once every 20 games - how is he 'doing well'? He's very average in the Championship, so I'm not sure how that indicates that he will be 'brilliant' in the Premiership. 

He couldn't command a regular starting spot in a struggling mid-table team, so not sure how that would improve as three new first choice midfielders turn up. 

If Middleborough make a reasonable offer I'd take it

So an attacking player should be measured on tackles? I wonder how many Kodjia has made. I believe Grealish has made 4 throw ins too, absolute garbage. When Grealish is on the pitch the link up play is much better and we actually look like creating chances. He isn't a goal scorer, yes he could work on his assists but other than Kodjia up front we haven't looked like scoring from anywhere else. Smaller, and more agile players excel in the the Premier League compared to the lower divisions, hence why I think he'd be much more suited to the Premier League. He will have much more freedom with our new look midfield.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Number of tackles may or may not be incidental for Grealish.  But if you think they are incidental then don't bring them up as a way of criticising him.  Personally I think he does enough tracking back that he can't be called lazy.  I do think the fact he's not a regular as an attacking wing player IS because he has had a poor central midfield behind him - as distinct from the argument for Westwood which is that he himself was that poor central midfield.  I think Jack will flourish in the new team and the competition from Bjarnasson will help too.  We know what he's good at and bad at, and hopefully the new signings will let him do the good stuff.

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I personally don't have any emotional attachment to him.  What I see is a prodigiously talented youngster who, if he fulfils his potential would be the best footballer at the club IMHO.  As it is, he has needed a lot of management because he got an awful lot too soon.  All of this, trying to develop as a footballer whilst playing in the worst Villa side in my lifetime.  Up until now yes he has been a bit of a luxury in this side because this team had to forego craft or technique in favour of graft and effort, because they weren't good enough.

We're about to have a side that can complement the better (more gifted) players, and he's one of our more gifted players.

Consequently, for me this would be absolutely the wrong time to even contemplate getting rid of Grealish because it's only in the past few days that we've cobbled together a side that he could thrive in.

Other than goalscorers, the most expensive players are the ones who can unlock a defence, and for me Jack has that knack.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, guyavfc said:

So an attacking player should be measured on tackles? I wonder how many Kodjia has made......

Smaller, and more agile players excel in the the Premier League compared to the lower divisions, .........

To a lesser degree attacking players still need to be judged on what they do when we don't have the ball

On the second point, Grealish is undoubtedly skilful but I'm not sure about either 'small' or 'agile'. He lacks the real pace to be truly effective in the PL

Â