The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

How long is the tournament? His leeches...erm...mates will be gutted.

At first I thought, what has he done to deserve to be on international duty, but this is a brilliant point.

I think it's much better for him to spend a few weeks/a month with other young motivated professional footballers, training and focusing on football than a repeat of last summer and getting absolutely wasted and having his name and face negatively dragged through the media.

Hopefully this is a turning point andwe and the media can talk about jack the footballer, not jack the lad, but it's up to him I guess.

• Like 1

The call up today could be a real turning point for Jack and us.  I really do hope that KMac, Sid, have a word with him too and we see Jack raring to go at the start of next season.  A new manager will soon realise that there are just too many players to ship out in one go here and Jack is certainly not one of them.  He could be a real asset to us next year.  

Great news for Jack and the football club, does that mean he can't play for Ireland again at any level?

No because the Toulon tournament I think is classed as a friendly so it means nothing and only U21 which I also think means nothing

But like others have said those bridges are burnt

Its a solid enough England squad and I look forward to see if he can shine with better players around him (sad that an England Under 21 squad has more talent than our 1st team :blink:

• Like 1

I think he is wonderful football talent with a great future in the game, he's the best I've seen come through the academy in my 10 years of going to the academy matches. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and his family and it was one of the proudest moments of my life, I've seen him develop into a great footballer, he could conceivably play for at least another 15 years and that might be with us. To see him be picked for England fills me with pride, he is a wonderful young talent who will flourish at this football club

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but probably not at this club

Probably not but he and his family are villa fans, I can see him staying for next season at least- edit

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Yes this tournament has come at a good time for him, a chance to play some football away from the club and show some of his ability to a new manager, hopefully of a club with fresh investment.  A second chance for him next season.

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is wonderful football talent with a great future in the game, he's the best I've seen come through the academy in my 10 years of going to the academy matches. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and his family and it was one of the proudest moments of my life, I've seen him develop into a great footballer, he could conceivably play for at least another 15 years and that might be with us. To see him be picked for England fills me with pride, he is a wonderful young talent who will flourish at this football club

Had to check the date that it wasn't May 13th 2015. ;)

Seriously Grealish needs to knuckle down and graft this summer, I suppose it's good his stock has plummeted as should mean he'll still be here at the start of the season.

Hopefully the new manager can have a stern word in his ear and remind him he's likely to waste a great talent if he dosen't start showing more dedication on and especially off the pitch.

If he can get his head sorted he can certainly be a stand out player in the championship next season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What an indictment of our academy that is, the best we can produce is a jumped up lazy little shit who can't even be bothered to get himself a pair of proper shin pads.......

Â