The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We simply have to keep him and give him a full season.  Just too much other crap to shift out of our squad first. With better players around him i think Jack could really shine and be a key player in our bid to get back.  Just hope he wants to stay. 

A Leicester player last night tweeted a pic of jack in the England set up and said something congratulatory... Jack liked the tweet.

Please for the love of **** don't follow Marcy, I couldn't face another one going there

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We simply have to keep him and give him a full season. 

I don't think we do simply have to keep him. We should keep him depending on a number of factors, among which include his attitude, the truth behind his boozing, his rubbish mates and their influence on him, and his relationship with other members in the squad, specifically if he's being mentored by Gabby, or takes his lead from someone more professional... like.... eh.. Clark? Hard to think of a likeable member of that dressing room.

There are plenty of young players that showed a lot of promise until the opposition learned their game, and they thought their massive potential not bearing fruit was due to poor management, rather than their own complacency. 

The idea that we simply have to keep him based on his talent and nothing else is probably a mistake.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't think we do simply have to keep him. We should keep him depending on a number of factors, among which include his attitude, the truth behind his boozing, his rubbish mates and their influence on him, and his relationship with other members in the squad, specifically if he's being mentored by Gabby, or takes his lead from someone more professional... like.... eh.. Clark? Hard to think of a likeable member of that dressing room.

There are plenty of young players that showed a lot of promise until the opposition learned their game, and they thought their massive potential not bearing fruit was due to poor management, rather than their own complacency. 

The idea that we simply have to keep him based on his talent and nothing else is probably a mistake.

I agree with some of your points here but not all of them.  I never said we have to keep him based on talent alone and nothing else.  Attitude comes into it yes, but fact is, we do have far more players to shift in the first instance than Jack. Quite frankly who he hangs out with outside of the club is not really our concern is it, as long as he is being professional and doing the business.  I would have loved Paul Gascoigne in his prime at our club but could anyone stop him hanging round with Jimmy Five Bellies? Probably not.  Squad members I agree with this too and needs to be addressed quickly.  We do need better leaders and influences.  No question.  A lot of people within the game think highly of Jack and I for one want him to be given at least one full season to see if he can be that player for us.

Just now, Farlz said:

Definitely his worst game of the tournament so far, he really didn't do much. 

Against better opposition. Hardly a surprise.

• Like 1

I had the game on in the background while I was browsing the web, it was a very dull match - but either I'm going mad or they only played 40 minute halves?

Having won all of their games, I believe England had to lose by 8 or 9 goals to not qualify for the final. It's no wonder why the game I watched lacked any excitement. The England players, including Jack, we're saving themselves for the final.

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

I had the game on in the background while I was browsing the web, it was a very dull match - but either I'm going mad or they only played 40 minute halves?

The halves are indeed 40 minutes, although from the games I have seen, there are less delays and less 'fannying around' than in the PL so the actual amount of football is similar, if not the quality.

Edited by brommy
Punctuation.

Â