The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Ray Wilkins on Talksport this morning talking very highly of Jack. Said he's got enormous potential.... also said he should leave Villa to realise his potential and he will recommend him to his friend who's part of the backroom team at Stoke. 

For me he has to start as a number 10 for us next year. 

It's been a disasterous season for him. Either we get a manager in who can progress him into a star for us or he'll just be another wasted talent. He should be our player of the season next year.

12 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Ray Wilkins on Talksport this morning talking very highly of Jack. Said he's got enormous potential.... also said he should leave Villa to realise his potential and he will recommend him to his friend who's part of the backroom team at Stoke. 

For me he has to start as a number 10 for us next year. 

Relegation Ray was one of the biggest disappointments of last season. 

• Like 2

Yep watching Villa under Garde and Black was a cure for insomnia. 

I'm talking about his wealth of experience from playing and coaching at the top level. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yep watching Villa under Garde and Black was a cure for insomnia. 

I'm talking about his wealth of experience from playing and coaching at the top level. 

Yet he turned out to be a total bumbling idiot for us, embarrassing himself and the club.

I have no idea how any Villa fan who watched us last year could possibly say Wilkins 'knows his stuff'.

Funny how you excluded Sherwood from your post too :D Pretty telling.

• Like 2

The ability is clearly there. Of all the youth prospects that have broke into the first team in my time watching the Villa, his technique and dribbling really stands out. The question is whether he has the mentality to perform at a consistent level. So far he has not answered that question at all. His attitude has been a disgrace and he needs to take a serious look at himself. He's in danger of wasting his talent.

For me he should be given a key role next season, throw the gauntlet down and tell him that he will be the main man and expected to be create goals for others and score a fair share himself. If he doesn't deliver for us in the Championship then he has to go, but I'd at least give him the chance. He's in last chance saloon. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Everyone in the game speaks highly of him. He's clearly got a lot of potential. He made some terrible decisions last year and it's up to him to sort it out. Being with the u21 is good and hopefully after this tournament we don't see any similar news reports. Before the takeover I'd have agreed with Ray, that he needs to get away to fulfill his potential. Now though he should dominate in the championship and become a key player for this club . 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Just saw the highlights of the game. God the team we played were awful :lol:

You are not wrong, I would be interested so see what level some of those players played at.

The standard, the tempo, it was sunday league stuff.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yet he turned out to be a total bumbling idiot for us, embarrassing himself and the club.

I have no idea how any Villa fan who watched us last year could possibly say Wilkins 'knows his stuff'.

Funny how you excluded Sherwood from your post too :D Pretty telling.

I am judging him over his long career as a player and a coach not with us and the crap players he had to work with. For instance he did a good job at Chelsea.  I excluded Sherwood on purpose because i know how much you hated him.

Â