The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I seem to remember Whittingham putting two crosses straight onto JPA's head in one match. I though we'd found the left sided Beckham!

I was wrong. However he hasn't done so bad for Cardiff. A level down and he found some form. Maybe Grealish can too? 

He was outstanding that day, I still remember it, he looked like he was going to be a great player for us, oh well

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

For every nice little bit of football in the middle of the pitch, he disappears for a couple of games. What has he actually produced? 1 goal, no more than a couple of assists. He's young, but not really in footballer terms. He's been about as effective as Peter Whittingham so far.

Whittingham is a brilliant crosser of a football, if we signed him in summer I guarantee Gestede be Championship top scorer next season

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? You don't think he's an exceptional talent and a credit to the academy? Every time he gets on the ball, there is a sense of anticipation in the crowd

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's a great football talent who I've seen develop over the past few years, it fills me with pride every time I see him on the pitch. He has such great natural ability, he just glides past players at times but he sometimes chooses the wrong option or loses possession unnecessarily, although he is still only 20 years old. He has so much potential but it's up to him, he is an outstanding young player, probably one of the best in the league, I'm a massive fan of his but not of his off field antics. He could go on to be a fantastic player for us and England.

Credit to the academy?? Filling us with Pride?? Outstanding?? One of the best in the league??  I'm not sure you have the right bloke! We're talking about Jack Grealish right??

I know you are sincere in your views and I know that you spend a lot of time watching the younger players. I do too, and there are very many of the younger players who do fill me with pride and are a credit to the academy but Slack Jack is not one of them. He is wasting his ability.

Generally, he looks like he is good but actually contributes very very little.  Moneyball (in baseball) was a reaction to scouts who "could tell a good player when they saw one" and tried to uncover players who didn't look outstanding but statistics showed that they contributed greatly. Grealish is the exact opposite of this - he looks like he has real ability when he controls the ball and ghosts past someone but it is all done outside the danger area. When it comes to contribution he delivers very very little. 31 appearances but only a single goal and a single assist.

I think Raheem Sterling is/was an exceptional talent, I think Ross Barkley is/was an exceptional talent, I think Eric Deir is an exceptional talent, I think Delle Alli is an exceptional talent, etc etc etc. Jack Grealish has had a lot of opportunity and has proved zero so far

• Like 2

Credit to the academy?? Filling us with Pride?? Outstanding?? One of the best in the league??  I'm not sure you have the right bloke! We're talking about Jack Grealish right??

I know you are sincere in your views and I know that you spend a lot of time watching the younger players. I do too, and there are very many of the younger players who do fill me with pride and are a credit to the academy but Slack Jack is not one of them. He is wasting his ability.

Generally, he looks like he is good but actually contributes very very little.  Moneyball (in baseball) was a reaction to scouts who "could tell a good player when they saw one" and tried to uncover players who didn't look outstanding but statistics showed that they contributed greatly. Grealish is the exact opposite of this - he looks like he has real ability when he controls the ball and ghosts past someone but it is all done outside the danger area. When it comes to contribution he delivers very very little. 31 appearances but only a single goal and a single assist.

I think Raheem Sterling is/was an exceptional talent, I think Ross Barkley is/was an exceptional talent, I think Eric Deir is an exceptional talent, I think Delle Alli is an exceptional talent, etc etc etc. Jack Grealish has had a lot of opportunity and has proved zero so far

Can't disagree with any of that. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and 1 goal, 1 assist ain't much.

FWIW I think he'll probably end up a better central midfielder than winger but at the moment he disappears too often in games to play centrally.

On 4/1/2016 at 16:49, markavfc40 said:

You make a good point here mate. The senior players at the club who we need setting a good example to the younger lads are doing the complete opposite. I don't know how impressionable Jack is but he may well be influenced the likes of Richards, Gabby and Lescott and the example they set is appalling.

I think the recent social media stuff is neither here nor there for me. He didn't see eye to eye with the manager or simply didn't like him. It happens all the time as I said earlier in this thread and it certainly happened here when O'Neill left and a few players went public with how pleased they were. I'd rather he hadn't have done it, in fact I'd rather players refrained from using social media full stop, but in the grand scheme of things this was no big deal.

This is exactly right, and I said in January that Richards and Lescott should have been sold when there appeared to be some interest in them. That's one decision I will blame Garde for. These individuals are toxic, and they aren't just damaging themselves or the club, they're damaging all of our youth players. 

On 4/2/2016 at 14:46, Richard said:

Rocket polisher, overhyped , dog shit. But clapped the fans at the end so no doubt some will be swayed by that 

He's obviously not 'dog shit', whatever else you might think of him. 

On 02/04/2016 at 18:16, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's a great football talent who I've seen develop over the past few years, it fills me with pride every time I see him on the pitch. He has such great natural ability, he just glides past players at times but he sometimes chooses the wrong option or loses possession unnecessarily, although he is still only 20 years old. He has so much potential but it's up to him, he is an outstanding young player, probably one of the best in the league, I'm a massive fan of his but not of his off field antics. He could go on to be a fantastic player for us and England.

Absolutely mind blowing.

• Like 1

He's an ordinary player elevated to a higher status because he's "one of our own". He has a poor attitude and is ill-disciplined. He makes too many bad decisions when using social media that his intelligence is also questionable. If there is any talent to be revealed then he needs to show it in the remainder of the season or he's just another Luke/Stefan Moore, and destined to be back at Notts County.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClarrieBlue said:

He's an ordinary player elevated to a higher status because he's "one of our own". He has a poor attitude and is ill-disciplined. He makes too many bad decisions when using social media that his intelligence is also questionable. If there is any talent to be revealed then he needs to show it in the remainder of the season or he's just another Luke/Stefan Moore, and destined to be back at Notts County.

....b b b but he chose to play for England. An England international can't be playing for league 1 football.

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure. I'm disagreeing with your opinion though?

Ahh ok just when you say "he's obviously not dog shit" that sort of suggested it was more than just an opinion 

Â