The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 18:43, DCJonah said:

Taking 2 or 3 million for Grealish at this point would be up there with the most stupid decisions made under the Lerner era. 

Yep. He might not be a good player but we should at least wait until we get a manager in who's able to give the lad a chance to show what he can do before we consider selling him.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yep. He might not be a good player but we should at least wait until we get a manager in who's able to give the lad a chance to show what he can do before we consider selling him.

How many managers before we hold our hands up and say, yeah, actually, he doesn't start in the country's shittest team because he's garbage?

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

How many managers before we hold our hands up and say, yeah, actually, he doesn't start in the country's shittest team because he's garbage?

HOT CONTRARIAN TAKE:

Since Eric Black's teamsheets are in fact a negative indicator of quality, congratulations Jack on the vote of confidence. 

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

HOT CONTRARIAN TAKE:

Since Eric Black's teamsheets are in fact a negative indicator of quality, congratulations Jack on the vote of confidence. 

A negative indicator of quality based on what? Our opinion as fans?

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What else?

Well exactly. All you've got to support your claim that black's line ups are shit is our own opinion. There's certainly no sustained performance evidence with certain players of this squad.

Typical second season syndrome for young players ! Most young players seem to go through it. It's the time they start believing in their own hype and start acting like they are the best players in the world. It's the season where they stop fighting like they did in their first season cause A: they aren't as excited and eager to impress compared to first season and B: They don't think it is necessary. 

Look at Ross Barkley, he had it last season and it is happening to John Stones now. 

If people expect a youngster to come in and to continuously play without flaw, then you are being unrealistic. Even though Grealish does seem like he has some growing up to do.

Edited by Chicken Field

Crossroads for Grealish this summer.

Continue partying or focus on football? Stay at Villa or move to another club?

I for one hope he rolls up his socks, stays at Villa and focuses on football, not sure this is the most likely outcome but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Well exactly. All you've got to support your claim that black's line ups are shit is our own opinion. There's certainly no sustained performance evidence with certain players of this squad.

It's a forum . . . 

Everyone is expressing their opinion . . . 

That's what this is . . .

Am I missing something here?

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Your opinion has no support though in this case. 

There's no such thing as incontrovertible truth when it comes to judging a player's quality. I can't call on a higher power to back me up. 

All I can do is point out that seemingly an overwhelming majority of posters on this forum think Black's team selections are **** shit, and say that I agree with them. 

You feel differently, great, knock yourself out. But you're not right, any more than I am. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

All I can do is point out that seemingly an overwhelming majority of posters on this forum think Black's team selections are **** shit, and say that I agree with them. 

But an overwhelming majority thought paul lambert was a good signing, that the year we signed Bacuna was the most exciting year for decades (not because of Bacuna obv), that the approach last summer was a sound one, that remi garde was a good appointment and that all these players needed was a good manager.

Quite a lot of the time the majority of fans are wrong or certainly have been recently. I'm not saying jack should or shouldn't be in the team, I'm just asking how many managers will it take not picking him to be convinced it's HIM and not them.

Because 3/4 didn't really pick him and the 1 that did is arguably one of the most hated men in discussion on here.

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

But an overwhelming majority thought paul lambert was a good signing, that the year we signed Bacuna was the most exciting year for decades (not because of Bacuna obv), that the approach last summer was a sound one, that remi garde was a good appointment and that all these players needed was a good manager.

Quite a lot of the time the majority of fans are wrong or certainly have been recently. I'm not saying jack should or shouldn't be in the team, I'm just asking how many managers will it take not picking him to be convinced it's HIM and not them.

Because 3/4 didn't really pick him and the 1 that did is arguably one of the most hated men in discussion on here.

I'm going to leave the conversation here. My initial post was meant to be funny, and I'm going to try to avoid the situation of explaining a joke in laborious detail. 

We have radically different opinions on this subject, let's leave it there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Giggle.

Â