The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 hours ago, KSV said:

Against better opposition. Hardly a surprise.

What, Japan? We kinda need him to be doing something against Japan if he's going to have any sort of the effect we want in the championship.

Not saying that wont mean he will but to highlight a better opposition as reason for him not to perform, when that opposition is Japan, is a bit, well, clutching at straws for an explanation.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

What, Japan? We kinda need him to be doing something against Japan if he's going to have any sort of the effect we want in the championship.

Not saying that wont mean he will but to highlight a better opposition as reason for him not to perform, when that opposition is Japan, is a bit, well, clutching at straws for an explanation.

do you or any of us have any clue about any of the japanese U21 team and what kind of level they are playing at?

im expecting the answer to be the typical english "never of heard of them so they must be shit" or even better the didnt watch the game but he did nothing so he must be shit

this tournament more than anything else is a huge indication of what jack is up against, even from our own fans

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

do you or any of us have any clue about any of the japanese U21 team and what kind of level they are playing at?

It was the under 23s for what it's worth and they were the third worse performing team in the comp beating only guinea - which kind of blows the better team point made by KSV (that I was debating here - not jack's talent) completely out the window.

Thanks.

did they stick one man or two men on him? did they as a team sit deep and try and nullify england? did southgate and the players take it easy?or was it just jack that was shit?

im not picking you out, i just dont get why so many are trying to pick him apart for his performances at this tournament, he scores 2 goals and the opponents are shit, the team does nothing special in a  nothing game and he's getting grief on here

seeing as he made his U21 debut in game 1 im just pleased to see he's obviously made enough of an impression on southgate to be starting each game now, i thought he'd get a couple of sub appearances, the whole tournament for me is about him getting confidence and taking a running jump in to next season and yet every day im on here seeing comments about fans saying he's shit and wanting us to sell him

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

did they stick one man or two men on him? did they as a team sit deep and try and nullify england? did southgate and the players take it easy?or was it just jack that was shit?

im not picking you out, i just dont get why so many are trying to pick him apart for his performances at this tournament, he scores 2 goals and the opponents are shit, the team does nothing special in a  nothing game and he's getting grief on here

seeing as he made his U21 debut in game 1 im just pleased to see he's obviously made enough of an impression on southgate to be starting each game now, i thought he'd get a couple of sub appearances, the whole tournament for me is about him getting confidence and taking a running jump in to next season and yet every day im on here seeing comments about fans saying he's shit and wanting us to sell him

All I did, was debate that Japan weren't a better opposition as KSV suggested. 

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Grealish will puke up bourbon f*ckin alcohol next season.

edited for ya :D

Seriously I hope Grealish will man up and rise to the challenge next season for us.

Still think there is a player in him if he focuses on football and gives it 100%.

Here's hopin'!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

All I did, was debate that Japan weren't a better opposition as KSV suggested. 

Japan not better than Guinea?? lol come on mate. That is all I was suggesting. 

People were waxing lyrical that he scored 2 goals against some rubbish side.. he plays a better team than Guinea and he struggles.. whether it meant something or not.. he did nothing. I saw both games on ESPN. He literally had zero impact. Similar to how he has played for Villa this season. I think hes very very talented. However, his attitude is awful. If he is to dominate at any level.. he needs to sort his attitude first. I expect him.. if he stays to be dominate in the championship or at least make an impact at that level.

Japan not better than Guinea?? lol come on mate. That is all I was suggesting.

Exactly. Not exactly sure why anyone is surprised. Not like anyone really stood out against Japan either, I suppose they all must be shit and not good enough.

21 hours ago, KSV said:

Japan not better than Guinea?? 

I'm sure they are but that's not what you said.

You said 

On 28/05/2016 at 01:22, KSV said:

Against better opposition. Hardly a surprise.

In response to

On 28/05/2016 at 01:21, Farlz said:

Definitely his worst game of the tournament so far, he really didn't do much. 

So yes, Japan are a better side than guinea (not by much based on the tournament fwiw), but you were responding to it being his worst game of the tournament..... so your point wouldnt explain his better performances v even better opposition than Japan. 

Either way, my point was simply that it perhaps SHOULD be a surprise given the standard of Japan and how highly rated jack appears to be. 

Not by me FWIW. I think he's dogshit tbh.

Edited by Woodytom

He scored a couple of goals in a one sided game so he's proved nothing. I expect him to be a major part of our squad next season and wont pass judgement on him until around half way through the season. He needs to work hard during this summer break and keep his head in a good place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

my point was simply that it perhaps SHOULD be a surprise given the standard of Japan and how highly rated jack appears to be. 

Not by me FWIW. I think he's dogshit tbh.

On the last page you were saying you weren't evaluating Japan's U23 side, now you seem to be doing exactly that. 

Regardless, the fact that he didn't have an amazing performance in a dead rubber game in which none of his teammates played particularly well (while still getting the job done) tells us absolutely nothing about his use or otherwise for us. 

And I really have to push back on this use of the word 'dogshit'. He just made his youth international debut, obviously nobody employed in the sport thinks he's 'dogshit'. 

• Like 2

Jack, to me, comes down to one question.  Will he suddenly develop the professionalism, drive, and ethic of Petrov?  If he will, he's got all the rest and will deserve enough superlatives to make woody tom cringe.  If not, better to sell while somebody else has hope he will.   Anyone's crystal ball working?  Mine's in the shop. 

in fairness work ethic and drive is a club thing. If your starting a new job and you have people similar to Gabby, Richards and Lescott slacking you are going to do the same thing to fit in. If we had serious club captain a Barry or a Petrov then I think Jack and others would cop on

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness work ethic and drive is a club thing. If your starting a new job and you have people similar to Gabby, Richards and Lescott slacking you are going to do the same thing to fit in. If we had serious club captain a Barry or a Petrov then I think Jack and others would cop on

I agree with this with the older guys, but Grealish was in a different situation, a young lad with potential, an lots to prove, I would have ignored whats going on, stop going out getting pissed with knobber mates. an crack on with my football, proving to the fans i'm something special. In this team of lazy asses. it was a huge chance to shine, an maybe get his Senior England call up.

Needs to grow up a bit, an understand what he is here for.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree with this with the older guys, but Grealish was in a different situation, a young lad with potential, an lots to prove, I would have ignored whats going on, stop going out getting pissed with knobber mates. an crack on with my football, proving to the fans i'm something special. In this team of lazy asses. it was a huge chance to shine, an maybe get his Senior England call up.

Needs to grow up a bit, an understand what he is here for.

I suspect having Timmy and Uncle Fester blowing smoke up his arse every 5 minutes helped create the attitude too.

Big season for him ahead and needs to move away from the likes of Gabby, Richards, Bacuna et al in the dressing room.

• Like 1

Â