The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not going to debate the points?

Not really sure what there is to debate.  People have different opinions?

I just like that managers not picking Jack implies that the player is at fault... even though your post goes to highlight fans wanting said managers in were wrong, because the managers were bad.  Just a merry-go-round of more opinions.

It made me giggle.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I just like that managers not picking Jack implies that the player is at fault...

That's not what I said, I asked at what point do we stop criticising managers and think, actually he's not in the team for a reason.

Nevertheless, read your that quote back

'I just like that managers not picking jack implies that the player is at fault'

Amazing really......

Would even be amazing if the player hadn't been dogshit all season, hadn't been pissed in the media and generally hadn't been making an arse of himself on twitter.

As I say, the amount in which we pander to these people is bordering embarrassing.

some fans are optimistic, some fans are pessemistic, and all are wrong as often as they are right.

You're no exception to that Woodytom, even when some of your opinions seem to purposely contradict popular opinion.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

what I ... think, actually ....

is .... really......

dogshit ... generally

I've done some selective quoting too.

(P.S.: I've criticised Grealish a fair amount in this thread.  Don't go tarring everyone with that there brush.)

worth remembering Garde was playing Grealish then rightly dropped him for the Everton incident, and then he got injured until almost the end of his tenure.

Edited by a m ole

I think he needs to have a quiet summer break (away from the tabloids), impress the new boss with his attitude in pre-season training (if we have one by then) and put this season behind him.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

I think he needs to have a quiet summer break (away from the tabloids), impress the new boss with his attitude in pre-season training (if we have one by then) and put this season behind him.  

a nice walking holiday in the lakes

• Like 3

On 09/05/2016 at 00:38, icouldtelltheworld said:

I find it astounding, particularly considering the recent exploits of one Marc Albrighton, that any fan would want to get rid of Grealish immediately at this stage and be ready to dismiss him as garbage. He's clearly got potential, he was brilliant at times at the end of last season, not just the semi-final but West Ham at home, that crazy Man City game where Sanchez scored I remember him running up the field and gliding past 3 or 4 City players before they had to take him out. You could say he only looked good because he played with Delph next to him and Benteke up front - but by the same measure they'd both been dreadful for most of the season until Jack's run of form.

The start of this season we looked best when he played well, not often enough admittedly, but against Blues and Leicester he showed what he can do. He's a 20 year old local lad, with high expectations, in the worst Villa team in most people's memories. People are expecting him to be the star, yet this was the first season he'd gone into expecting to be in the starting eleven from the off. He will need to mature and work hard to realise his potential, but it's so **** obvious that here's a technically gifted player who actually wants to play for this club, I just don't get how he can be written off at this stage, based on this season. It's also clear that we are severely lacking in decent footballing role models at our club, his behaviour isn't that surprising when it will have been Gabby's arm round his shoulder the last few years, but he's still young enough to work hard and improve. hopefully will if we can sort our mess of a squad out. It'd be a shame if he left here having not been given a real chance to shine and went on to be excellent elsewhere.

Completely this. 

On top of which he has suffered with injuries this season. He gave some neat feet performances early on, I also seem to recall him playing well against Palace despite severely lacking in fitness and running the show against Chelsea for 30 minutes before yet again the team feel to pieces. 

No, that's not to say he's had a good time of it. But he's a young player who has shown clear talent in the very recent past that has been crushed under the weight of injuries, attitude problems and the worst Villa side of all time. 

Selling him now would be an absurd move. A move a hack and slash accountant might make with no idea how to run a football club... Oh...

56 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Been called up for the U21 squad for the Toulon tournament next week. 

That surprises me.

I hope Jack thinks of it as the chance of a fresh start where he can knuckle down to some hard work and go on to help the team he supports to promotion. I really hope Jack doesn't think why should he change his ways when he's still being considered for U21 international duty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

Been called up for the U21 squad for the Toulon tournament next week. 

EDIT : For England that is :P

There's a fine reward for being a word removed all season

Exactly, I hope he spends the summer away from this cesspit of a club, with some proper professionals seeing how they train and live their lives, gets his head around what it's all about and has a great tournament coming back to us more mature and ready to get his head down

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly, I hope he spends the summer away from this cesspit of a club, with some proper professionals seeing how they train and live their lives, gets his head around what it's all about and has a great tournament coming back to us more mature and ready to get his head down

Yeah, poor Jack, it's all the clubs fault.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yeah, poor Jack, it's all the clubs fault.

i partially blame the club for him deeming it acceptable to go off and get absolutely hammered, as we've seen with more senior players they think exactly the same, but then i completely blame them for letting the story get blown way out of proportion, not being able to reign it in and then letting his head go, him losing a season because of this incident is unacceptable IMO

if he looks up to some of the elders around the club and what they're up to is it any surprise? is jack part of the problem at villa or simply a result of it? im looking at albrighton getting his head down, bannan getting his head down, comments from johnson and carruthers and hoping its the latter

like i said he needs to spend time around other players and coaches and hopefully see a bit more professionalism even get a taste for U21 football and come back to us ready to go

Â