The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Also there are bitter people here too, it works both ways...

If you both actually paid more attention you would likely know I've been very critical of him.

If you were both more acute you'd realise I never said I'd want him back at all.

giphy.gif

I’m not bitter I was pissed at the time but not now, he chose to leave and it’s not really worked out so I’m allowed to chuckle quietly to myself when I see him warming a bench and not even getting minutes I think it has shown he’s not the talent we thought he was Foden is twice the player Jack is.

Its worked exactly how it was going to. Hurt really badly like a break up and felt betrayed. Wished nothing but bad luck for him . Had a mixed season. 

And now the hurt has gone its like seeing the ex in the supermarket. You can smile and say hello without feeling sick. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

His best football is having the freedom to run at defenders and cause opponents to attempt to pick pocket him, often in numbers, whilst he glides onward toward goal. When he's doing this he simply commands the kind of focus and attention that his opposition doesn't want to give because it means it pulls them out of shape and exposes in their trying to stop him. I've not seen too many players that can go on runs like Grealish does, and those that can and do are all in the conversation for greatest of all time or thereabouts. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Grealish is in that discussion in saying that.

His issue at City is that he is deployed wide left and is often confined to the final third and the intricacies of City's build up and the coaching style that implements it.

He has the technical and tactical ability for one touch, pass and move play that City desires, however he is not blessed as a world class finisher or goal threat, certainly not when his involvement is in the style that City goes about it and the role Grealish is given in that.

Silly boy. Welcome to come home anytime as far as I'm concerned. Provided he's still going to deliver, which I have no doubt he would.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Or he chose being a bit part player in the CL semi finals for the league champions over finishing 14th 

But i don't think we finish 14th though if he stays. Smith stays and we don't hire Coco

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

But i don't think we finish 14th though if he stays. Smith stays and we don't hire Coco

Imagine Jack stays, Bailey doesn't get injured and we don't spend big money on ings. 

Grealish......Buendia.......Bailey surely gets us into that top half. 

Shame.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s really not - he’s not been fully fit and still scored some quality goals and got assists. A natural goal scorer. 

I’m not saying he’s finished. He still has something to offer, but I don’t think he’ll reach his previous form consistently.

Â