The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He looks miserable.

At the moment he has to be down as one of the biggest flops in PL history.

We told him he would hate it at city but he didnt listen. His problem 

The question is, who got it wrong?

Had the standards at Villa been so low and for so long, that the fans mistook Jack for being a top player, or did Guardiola make the mistake of thinking that a player renounded for dribbling and running with the ball, could be adapted to a system where the biggest no-no is running with the ball and losing possession?

20 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Where is the Jack with the tricks that used to run at players and terrify them.

It's been coached out of him and its a right shame. 

Looks like jesus was a similar victim of the pep Guardiola style. A different player since he left. 

As for jack as I've said for years his best position is in the middle not on the wing as he doesnt have a lot of pace. Problem at city is that de bruyne plays there and he's better than jack. So pep has turned him into ryhiad Marhez. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He was brilliant, partly as he was our talisman and we let him play his game, in any way he saw fit, which allowed him to showcase his talent set(s).

At Man City he's just another player in a system, expected to play in a certain way that doesnt in any way suit his natural talents or skill sets.

Did we overrate him?, maybe a little, but he was brilliant.

Does he suit Man City?, and does their system suit his natural talent?, not at all.

I think he would be better off at Barcelona, where he could play a similar role to Pedri, who has a similar style.

18 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The question is, who got it wrong?

Had the standards at Villa been so low and for so long, that the fans mistook Jack for being a top player, or did Guardiola make the mistake of thinking that a player renounded for dribbling and running with the ball, could be adapted to a system where the biggest no-no is running with the ball and losing possession?

Neither really. He is a top player. But his defining attribute is his creativity when given license to roam. Pep is a great manager, but he insists on coaching positioning to the nearest yard. That's fine, it works, but we all saw that in such a system the quintessential Jack would be taken out of him. I just cannot see why Jack did not see it himself if we all could. 

Massive waste of a career. Could have been the next Gazza, now the next Ravel Morrison.

I just hope he does a Merson, and moves on to a team where they just let him do his thing. Hope it's not us though.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He was right about the momentum, we needed Emi in goal to break it up with his antics damnit after they pulled 1 back

and who said Grilledfish isnt happy

He looks positively focused on the floor. 

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He was right about the momentum, we needed Emi in goal to break it up with his antics damnit after they pulled 1 back

and who said Grilledfish isnt happy

I thought with all these superstars it was easy for pep and all he had to do was shout "for **** sake come on these lot are shit" 

And Grealish looks like a man who knows he's not kicking a ball that day and has no interest in being there 

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Some proper fan boys on here isn’t there! 😂

Also there are bitter people here too, it works both ways...

If you both actually paid more attention you would likely know I've been very critical of him.

If you were both more acute you'd realise I never said I'd want him back at all.

giphy.gif

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
Diplomacy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Also there are bitter people here too, it works both ways...

If you both actually paid more attention you would likely know I've been very critical of him.

If you were both more acute you'd realise I never said I'd want him back at all.

giphy.gif

Haha chill out mate, stick Pacific Ocean Blue on the turntable ;)

spacer.png

Â