The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Last player off the pitch applauded all stands. Lots of boos lots of claps.

Before the game he was with all the Villa mascots, spending time with them (Purslow was there too).

Some of those kids may already have Man City kits at home with his name on.

The only Man City kits I have seen in the Midlands have his name on, so that says something about what the kids think of him. 

Or its not changed since I was a kid and some folks will just follow who is top of the table

Didn't Zaha go back to Palace after a year? And Joe Cole went back to West Ham to play for a bit.

It could happen, he's just about to turn 27 so couple more years at Man. City and he should still have 3-4 years left at top level if he wanted to move on.

Given our last 18 months I don't see why we'd just turn down the chance to sign a very high calibre player who we know could fit straight back into the team when his replacements haven't exactly been roaring successes so far. And we look miles off winning anything or qualifying for europe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

However, who was thinking about Jack during that match? We've moved on.

Not sure that's quite true. The fact that this thread bubbles around the top week after week is indicative of that. I think personally there's still a rawness and a feeling of what could've been had he stayed.

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure that's quite true. The fact that this thread bubbles around the top week after week is indicative of that. I think personally there's still a rawness and a feeling of what could've been had he stayed.

Certain fans may not have, but I mean the club has.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Certain fans may not have, but I mean the club has.

Not sure. If we were doing brilliantly and the money had been spent successfully, then yes. But we haven't progressed in any way or even stagnated, we've regressed.

11 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure. If we were doing brilliantly and the money had been spent successfully, then yes. But we haven't progressed in any way or even stagnated, we've regressed.

Moved on from that era then ;)

He's a bit of an ego maniac though. Didn't get on the pitch yesterday, yet was the last one off it. 

As he used to do as a player, waited until he could be the last person to come over to The Holte End. Fair enough in his first game back at Villa Park, but doesn't need to do it everytime. He moved on, we are trying to move on.

He can't have the best of both worlds.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Fair enough in his first game back at Villa Park, but doesn't need to do it everytime. He moved on, we are trying to move on.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 04/09/2022 at 16:26, Talldarkandransome said:

Or its not changed since I was a kid and some folks will just follow who is top of the table

One of my mates used to be a Man Utd fan, then an Arsenal fan, then a Man City fan, then a Liverpool fan since Klopp joined. 

Yes, he lives in Birmingham, he has football tops for them all and wears them in rotation depending on who won that weekend 😂

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Be interesting to see where his head is at come the end of this season. I get the feeling he is happy to sit on that large contract and play a part when called upon - the hunger went the day he signed for Citeh.

last season that part was a sub appearance at the bernabeau in a CL semi final...

compared to where he was with us im sure he's as happy as a pig in shit, the balance might get tipped when an alternative top 4 team sniffs around him, chelseas scattergun finally lands on him for example, but at the moment i doubt there's any real bother in his head, we'll see what happens at the world cup, i think there's every danger he starts and england get to at least the quarter finals so his season could look like QFs of a world cup, another league with city, another tie in the last stages of the CL, maybe a cup with city, im sure he'll be on the last again come may 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

One of my mates used to be a Man Utd fan, then an Arsenal fan, then a Man City fan, then a Liverpool fan since Klopp joined. 

Yes, he lives in Birmingham, he has football tops for them all and wears them in rotation depending on who won that weekend 😂

Well, you know what to do the next time the bus comes

Â