The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if he gets any feels when VP is rocking like that, and he is on the opposition bench?

As if he cares. He's got his Boohooman contract and his millions of Instagram followers and that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

He's gone from a potential Villa legend, to an absolute nothing at City. Doubt he cares with that bank balance though. 🙄

It raises a genuine question though

He has a league winners medal as a bit part player and a sub appearance in a CL semi final loss vs Real Madrid 

What is worth more? 

We've seen with Jack, we've seen with chuk, footballers and fans don't think the same on this 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It raises a genuine question though

He has a league winners medal as a bit part player and a sub appearance in a CL semi final loss vs Real Madrid 

What is worth more? 

We've seen with Jack, we've seen with chuk, footballers and fans don't think the same on this 

I guess why people were/are disappointed is they felt in Jack’s case he was a fan first. They believed he was one of them.

The romantics want to believe that players love their club more than winning trophies and having a more successful career. The appeal of being revered forever more.

Grealish would have had that here. As it currently stands for City, I think how fondly he’ll ultimately be remembered is probably closer to Delph rather than say, Kompany. That could easily change. It’s up to him.

Most players (the vast majority) would choose the same path as him.

That being said, I think Grealish probably does have some hope that he’ll be considered a part of Villa folklore by supporters, but I suspect it’s nowhere near as important to him as some told themselves.

Â