The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 07/09/2022 at 06:20, Demitri_C said:

He looks miserable.

At the moment he has to be down as one of the biggest flops in PL history.

We told him he would hate it at city but he didnt listen. His problem 

I wouldn't say he has been one of the biggest flops. He has just been a expensive squad filler /social media boost for them. In return he has got millions of pounds and a league title. In a couple of years he will go to somewhere like Newcastle and earn more money, and then finally when he is shot and no sensible team would sign him, we will swoop in for his retirement fund.

Win, win.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wouldn't say he has been one of the biggest flops. He has just been a expensive squad filler /social media boost for them. In return he has got millions of pounds and a league title. In a couple of years he will go to somewhere like Newcastle and earn more money, and then finally when he is shot and no sensible team would sign him, we will swoop in for his retirement fund.

Win, win.

Well that sounds kinda horrible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Win, win.

Mm doesnt that explain a huge flop? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

No way id want him back. After that Euros, I felt Villa were at a crossroads to either kick on massively or go backwards. As much as it might have been unfair on him, it was all inextricably linked to him staying and pushing us on toward europe. He would have been sat down and told as much, the owners knew his worth to the extent they offered to double his wages a year after already making him the highest paid player in the clubs history. I just feel someone who properly loved his club and had the responsibility of captaining the club of your bloodline would take that challenge on and back themselves to do it. He didnt, he went for £300k a week, £10m signing on bonus, tap in trophies and CL football, and to grow his brand with an enemy club. Thats his character, watching him celebrate goals against Villa and feeling sick when Villa are winning in that documentary is enough for me.

Relinquishing being the captain of Villa is unforgivable. The results we had in 20/21 before and after his injury showed we could compete with the best and werent far off. Another year of investment would have had us at MON years levels imo but he didnt back himself or us and used his sneaky release clause to bail. Taking him back at the end of his career would be a joke, he degraded and belittled this club and upset a lot of the same people that backed him through all his shite; ultimately he saw himself bigger than the club we’d look like simps taking him back because it suits him at the time.

1 minute ago, Harkanon said:

If our current owners are still here (I hope so), highly unlikey he will be welomed back

Purslow gave a speech when he left that I thought similar but he seemed to be following him around the tunnel from clips from the City game

Just now, Zatman said:

Purslow gave a speech when he left that I thought similar but he seemed to be following him around the tunnel from clips from the City game

Probably winding the fella up.  I would.  DOn't think NSWE would entertain the return of 'ol shin splints

2 hours ago, Harkanon said:

If our current owners are still here (I hope so), highly unlikey he will be welomed back

Why? He's still more likely than anyone we'll be signing in near future to get us back into europe.

Obviously it will be different once he's in his 30s but I can't believe they'd pass up chance to re-sign him if he wanted to come back at 29.

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

No way id want him back. After that Euros, I felt Villa were at a crossroads to either kick on massively or go backwards. As much as it might have been unfair on him, it was all inextricably linked to him staying and pushing us on toward europe. He would have been sat down and told as much, the owners knew his worth to the extent they offered to double his wages a year after already making him the highest paid player in the clubs history. I just feel someone who properly loved his club and had the responsibility of captaining the club of your bloodline would take that challenge on and back themselves to do it. He didnt, he went for £300k a week, £10m signing on bonus, tap in trophies and CL football, and to grow his brand with an enemy club. Thats his character, watching him celebrate goals against Villa and feeling sick when Villa are winning in that documentary is enough for me.

Relinquishing being the captain of Villa is unforgivable. The results we had in 20/21 before and after his injury showed we could compete with the best and werent far off. Another year of investment would have had us at MON years levels imo but he didnt back himself or us and used his sneaky release clause to bail. Taking him back at the end of his career would be a joke, he degraded and belittled this club and upset a lot of the same people that backed him through all his shite; ultimately he saw himself bigger than the club we’d look like simps taking him back because it suits him at the time.

This is a bloody good argument I was happy to see him come back but this has made me think twice you should be a politician 😜 

• Like 1

Â