The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

27 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

This is a bloody good argument I was happy to see him come back but this has made me think twice you should be a politician 😜 

I feel exactly the same after reading that. 10 mins ago I would have welcomed him back any time. After reading that and watching that video clip I wouldn't even want him around the ground when he has retired to watch a game

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why? He's still more likely than anyone we'll be signing in near future to get us back into europe.

Obviously it will be different once he's in his 30s but I can't believe they'd pass up chance to re-sign him if he wanted to come back at 29.

I mean we signed a 29 year old Coutinho who clearly wasn't the same player anymore. I don't see Jack falling off in ability too much in 2 years. If we can sign him at 29 we'd be doing really well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean we signed a 29 year old Coutinho who clearly wasn't the same player anymore. I don't see Jack falling off in ability too much in 2 years. If we can sign him at 29 we'd be doing really well.

My guess is Grealish at 29 will be less useful than Coutinho is today, after another 3 years of partying and not playing that much. Likely to focus more on hair transplants than improving his game. 

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

My guess is Grealish at 29 will be less useful than Coutinho is today, after another 3 years of partying and not playing that much. Likely to focus more on hair transplants than improving his game. 

All that partying right now, and he's still in superb shape, always has been. He goes hard in the summer but come preseason he's locked in. I don't think he'll deteriorate physically as much as Phil has. His body and mind aren't on the same wavelength anymore. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Went to the 'Other Football' forum - Jack Grealish thread at the top and @rjw63 as the most recent poster.

Absolutely zero surprise :D 

My favourite thread in VT history, dontcha know :)

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Went to the 'Other Football' forum - Jack Grealish thread at the top and @rjw63 as the most recent poster.

Absolutely zero surprise :D 

He'll be in the things that piss you off thread soon moaning about the GRealish thread being bumped

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Why? He's still more likely than anyone we'll be signing in near future to get us back into europe.

Obviously it will be different once he's in his 30s but I can't believe they'd pass up chance to re-sign him if he wanted to come back at 29.

Is he?  I think we sold at his peak and to think he is more likely to get us Europe over anyone else is a bit starstrucky.  We can and will improve without this one player

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'll be in the things that piss you off thread soon moaning about the GRealish thread being bumped

No point doing that now, I've come to terms with the large number of VT members and their strange man-love for an ex player.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No point doing that now, I've come to terms with the large number of VT members and their strange man-love for an ex player.

I see you’ve taken “if you can’t beat them, join them” to heart

8 hours ago, Harkanon said:

Is he?  I think we sold at his peak and to think he is more likely to get us Europe over anyone else is a bit starstrucky.  We can and will improve without this one player

We have won 3 games in about six months with Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Ings etc....!

Obviously we need to sort out the manager aswell soon enough but we wouldn't be this bad if Grealish was still central to all our attacks so he would lift us up places in the league given we were top 7 in 20/21 until he got his three month shin splints.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We have won 3 games in about six months with Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Ings etc....!

Obviously we need to sort out the manager aswell soon enough but we wouldn't be this bad if Grealish was still central to all our attacks so he would lift us up places in the league given we were top 7 in 20/21 until he got his three month shin splints.

Agree, Grealish in a Villa side has more goals and assists compared to Grealish in a Man City side, which when you think about it, is a little bit crazy given the amount they score and create and the players around him.

Truly having his key attributes stifled. 
#freegrealish lol 

Â