The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

He's an idiot with a heart of gold

The same guy who told people to stay home during lockdown before immediately heading out, getting pissed, crashing his car and leaving the scene? 

He’s not exactly Pablo Escobar, but heart of gold? :lol: 

Google tells me he is up to 4 driving convictions now.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Hypothetically if we were offered him back this summer for a reasonable fee/wages I dont think Gerrard would touch him

I dont think Gerrard would accept his off field antics that Smith did

Also didn't play for Liverpool 😜

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's clearly a running joke. There's another clip where Bernardo makes the same joke back to him. Something about "it was better that Jack stayed on the bench"

And another where Jack makes the same joke about Mahrez

The Mahrez one was funny because he disrespected Almiron for no reason. As if he were a League One player or something 😂 . His lack of awareness is hilarious.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

You think all those posts about how “twatted” Jack was are good? 

The bit that people find funny is that Jack didn’t contribute an awful lot but got wasted, acted like the main man and makes jokes about his team mates and other PL players. 

Of course the media are going go lap up a pissed footballer playing the fool.

Look at the faces of his teammates

What an utter bell-end.

And yet some Villa fans are defending him for some reason. It's just weird. If another Man City player behaved like Jack has/does, then they would rightly consider him the knob he really is, but because he was once "Our Jack" they are so invested in him that they just can't accept people giving him deserved criticism. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What an utter bell-end.

And yet some Villa fans are defending him for some reason. It's just weird. If another Man City player behaved like Jack has/does, then they would rightly consider him the knob he really is, but because he was once "Our Jack" they are so invested in him that they just can't accept people giving him deserved criticism. 

Sure sure. Or, you know, not that

I get he’s celebrating having been part of the team that won the league. it’s the end of the season too so not great deal. 

However, it’s all very Gazza-like but feels forced like he’s trying too hard to be the class clown. Some of his team mates appear to be looking at him like he’s a joke, not a team mate.

Sadly he’ll become a bit of a parody acting the dick, but He’s got what he wanted from the move so he’s vindicated himself in his own mind. 

I don’t get the hate for him but then again, I don’t see him as a Villa legend or have much interest in his future. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Genie said:

You think all those posts about how “twatted” Jack was are good? 

The bit that people find funny is that Jack didn’t contribute an awful lot but got wasted, acted like the main man and makes jokes about his team mates and other PL players. 

Of course the media are going go lap up a pissed footballer playing the fool.

Look at the faces of his teammates

I knew he reminded me of someone.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479m42vyxdwgorc4ee1q

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He’s just a rocket polisher. I hate Man City but they have a very professional machine and their vibe is quite serious. I can’t imagine the sheikhs and Pep and the actual professional footballers are smiling about this…

FWIW I wouldn’t have him back at Villa now. He’s trouble. I’d like us to carve a similarly professional squad and I think we are doing that with the likes of Coutinho who just seems to mean business and keeps his head down. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I get he’s celebrating having been part of the team that won the league. it’s the end of the season too so not great deal. 

However, it’s all very Gazza-like but feels forced like he’s trying too hard to be the class clown. Some of his team mates appear to be looking at him like he’s a joke, not a team mate.

Sadly he’ll become a bit of a parody acting the dick, but He’s got what he wanted from the move so he’s vindicated himself in his own mind. 

I don’t get the hate for him but then again, I don’t see him as a Villa legend or have much interest in his future. 

Seems like a mixed bag in terms of reception from his teammates, but then again we don't know any of these people. He doesn't seem like the type to be able to tell when people are laughing with him or at him. But who cares really if he's having a good time?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

OK, if you say so. 

Or you could try a counter argument and explain what it is then......

I have. You can read back if you like. 

Nobody is defending him from all criticism. 
There are people in this thread suggesting he’ll retire by 30, his career is over, and his life is off the rails because he got drunk after winning his first ever league title. 

All anyone is doing is pointing out how batshit mental that is. 

There’s plenty of legitimate criticism to level at him this season without all this nonsense. 

Â